Your favorite Ilustrisimo technique

Discussion in 'Kali Ilustrisimo' started by Black Grass, Apr 12, 2006.

1. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

Ligis

Hi Raul,

What is involved in the practice of 'ligis' ?

Salamat.

Louie

2. kali-rand

kali-rand New Member

Fraile, outside fighting or defending. Striking the hand wrist or finger areas.... to enter the head , shoulders and, elbow areas for your complete killing blows. aloha.

3. Raul

Raul Mananandata

It involves the use of hand and forearm to manipulate your opponent to facilitate jointlocks, crank, wrenches, disarms, traps and takedowns. Those who practice jujitsu, chin na and maybe silat will find affinity between their methods and ligis. Ligis lends itself best against adversaries who like to use brute force in close range.

4. Raul

Raul Mananandata

You should see mang Romy's applications of Pluma if you haven't seen them yet. He's a wonder to behold.

5. Sicilian

Sicilian New Member

Oh yeah. Had a taste of Ligis. Didn't know that was the term. I tried grappling with him empty hands (I'm a blue belt in BJJ). Didn't get to take him down. I got manipulated like crazy. hehehe

Re the Pluma. I was 1st taught the formal version. But he also showed me 3 variations. 1 of which is Media Pluma.

6. pluma

pluma Guest

fav technique. all of them.. deadly stuff!!!

Yeah romy master of ligis yan! hehehe

7. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

Thanks Raul. We have similar methods in my practice of Silat. Aside from KI, I used to train a lot in Silat about 20 years ago.

8. eome

eome Junior Member

Everything we do in the sayaw.

9. Djay

Djay Guest

I like the Classico Technique and also like another combination of strikes one of Mang Tony's students showed me: Bagsak to the arm on a strike from the abierta side, redonda, aldabis then bagsak to the head.

10. Black Grass

Black Grass Junior Member

Djay,

Sounds like you are describing what Mang Tups describe as V-De Cadena-V. I feel it is one of the most versatile combinations, personal favorite.

Vince

11. Djay

Djay Guest

Vince,

Yes, I find it very fluid the striking is very fluid as one strike sets up another.

12. Djay

Djay Guest

I also like the pluma off of a trust into a doblete or bagsak.

13. Sicilian

Sicilian New Member

Bro. A KI guy just utilized ligis in a BJJ tournament and won Silver in the no-gi division and Gold in the Gi Division.

He used elements of ligis to set up an Americana and a Kimura from side control. Wow!

14. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

Due to constraints of time, what we usually do is train the basic strikes with the various footwork, then work 2 - 3 or more count combinations (amarra). We work primarily on single weapon, thus, training left and right sides is highly recommended.

I usually teach a set of combinations (1-9 and 10-18) then when the student work on their own time, they would work on their own combinations (amarra) with footwork.

We work on a core of 9 counterstrikes and an optional of another set of 9.

Then they try to apply it in sparring and see which combination works for them.

15. Raul

Raul Mananandata

No doubt!

16. Raul

Raul Mananandata

Salto! The sneaky and wicked salto!

17. Sicilian

Sicilian New Member

I believe I got hit by the salto more than I could remember. Ouch!!!