Your favorite Ilustrisimo technique

Discussion in 'Kali Ilustrisimo' started by Black Grass, Apr 12, 2006.

1. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

I love to blend the pluma entry into de cadena with a quick lutang ending with the # 5 thrust......Or the pluma to abaniko into a saplet. Hell, I dig it all..LOL

2. Raul

Raul Mananandata

There was a Lameco student who won three consecutive championships using only retirada and bagsak. Usually this is the first technique taught to students because its so easy to learn and can be applied right away.

3. sneaky

sneaky New Member

Saplet is sweet to be sure PG, that aboniko sure sounds like how I was taught Tatangs "rapidfire" attack.

My other fav when useing Bolo or baston is enganyo into high gate number 2 slash at head whilst dropping into low gate inside knee attack into a strong cross body clearing shot into high number 5 thrust or number 1 slash, that combo saves my can again and again as its an entry and defense all in one with options to create distance or finish with a power shot.

All the best,

Jim

4. Raul

Raul Mananandata

To the two-count (block and strike) type of fighter, Sumbra and Cambiada are the techniques that serve them well. And of course, the next of kin Rapillon and Vertical for that type of fighters who barely blocks.

5. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

Very true Raul

..be both,.. be neither..simply be,.. use it all,.. use none,.. simply be,..simplicty,..intent,..simply be,..life,..death,..simply be

In the end it is in you..Simply Be!

6. oosh

oosh Junior Member

enganyo #1 into De cadena and bagsak/aldabis :)

7. eome

eome Junior Member

media fraile,doblete and arko.

8. Black Grass

Black Grass Junior Member

Eome please describe Arko

Describe what you mean by Arko pls

Vince
    aka Black Grass

9. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

For arko, see also post #5 here.

10. eome

eome Junior Member

arko

Vince, i put raul in explaining the techniques more clearer and accurate for all of us.Thanks arnisador for the post regarding arko.

11. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

I have been working this combination as of late...

serrada position--float with horizontal cross cut--re-enter with bagsak---90 degree lutang into de cadena finishing with 7 or 11 thrust as I step drag to fully quarter the opponent.

The possibilities are endless!

12. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

My favorite Ilustrisimo single stick/sword technique is the Arko Media Planchada (also called Planchada Doblete) with lutang or retirada footwork.

Regards,

Louie

13. CincoTeros

CincoTeros New Member

14. krugman

krugman New Member

favorite Ilustrisimo technique

V,decadena,v.Excuse my ignorance if I have expressed this improperly,fairly new at this.I like the simplicity,footwork.Influenced by my instructor,of course ,who is very fond of this technique.If I have 30-40 minutes to squeeze in some FMA practice ,this will be foremost.

15. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

Thanks Krugman. If I may ask...is there a Ilustrisimo group in Halifax, NS ?

16. Black Grass

Black Grass Junior Member

Yes, I am actually based in Halifax, we fall under Master Topher Rickett's Kali Ilustrisimo USA banner as well as Master Rey Galang Bakbakan Kali Ilustrisimo.

Vince

17. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

Hi Vince,

That's great that you have a KI group in Halifax. I know both Master Topher and Master Rey.

They are great mentors. I used to teach a small group in Milton, NS...maybe you can touch base with them and see if they have interest in KI. I did a Silat seminar for them some 15 years ago.

Ingat.

Louie

18. Sicilian

Sicilian New Member

Boca de Lobo. Ang angas eh. :EvilGrin:

19. Raul

Raul Mananandata

I like Ligis which can be applied with or without weapons. Mang Romy is a master of Ligis.

20. Sicilian

Sicilian New Member

Will ask Tito Romy on Thursday about that. Thanks dude.