XMen Origins: Wolverine

Discussion in 'The Den' started by pguinto, Dec 16, 2008.

1. pguinto

pguinto New Member

The HD trailer for the Xmen Origins: Wolverine movie (coming May 2009) is out.
    Goto http://www.myspace.com/x-menorigins to watch it in HD or watch the youtube clip below

Talk about varying Martial Arts:
    Hugh Jackman as Logan/Wolverine - blades/open hands
    Liev Schreiber as Sabertooth - open hands
    Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool - double swords
    Taylor Kitsch as Gambit - staff
    Kevin Durand as The Blob - boxing/grappling
    Daniel Henny as Agent Zero (formerly Maverick) - gun marksmanship

[yt]2VKutW_oPmY[/yt]

For more info....

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  2. The Phalanx

The Phalanx FMA's Frank Lucas

In the comics... Wolverine's real name is not Logan... It was the name of someone he killed... Since Wolverine has lived for a long time it is believed he lived for thousands of years due to his powers to heal quickly therefore slowing the age process... Which is also why he survived the Adamantium process... Anybody else would have been killed in the process...

Adamantium is also derived from Vibranium which is the same material that Captain America's shield is made of... And Adamantium was supposed to be the duplicated process but instead was an alloy that was also indestructible but not as strong as Vibranium... The only Vibranium in the Marvel Comics Universe is Captain America's shield and the one that the Black Panther has but that came from a meteor...

Yes, I was an avid X-Men fan when I was a kid and still am...

3. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Doesn't Gambit also use Savate in the comics? I'm usually indifferent to him but in the clip he seems interesting!

I'll definitely be there for the movie!

4. pguinto

pguinto New Member

Being raised in as a streetfighter in New Orleans, he grew to be a very prominent figure within one of the factions of the Thieves Guild based in the French Quarter. Not only is he skilled in Savate and with the quarterstaff, he is also a marksman with playing cards which he "charges" and throws with explosive effect, as seen in the trailer.

5. WuLord187

WuLord187 Albo Kali Silat Student

They should have let Triple H play Sabretooth, it doesn't take much of actor to play that character. Hopefully this will not fail as a comic book movie but all the X MEN movies fail in presenting a good representation of a great comic.

6. The Phalanx

The Phalanx FMA's Frank Lucas

They let Triple H in a movie before... Epic fail... I hope he never shows up in another one...

Comic book? It's a movie not a comic... They don't follow the comic universe down to the exact detail... It would look pretty ridiculous if they did...

7. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

He certainly has the look! I'm having some trouble with little Liev Schreiber in the role.

8. WuLord187

WuLord187 Albo Kali Silat Student

Blade 3 sucked because of direction, writing, and production, not the Triple H. Sin City, History of Violence, Robocop, Batman, and 300 followed the comics to the exact character detailed and worked great. A tiny Sabretooth sucks, it would be like having a regular man play the Hulk. The conflict between Wolverine and Sabretooth is symbolic, Big vs Small, Sane vs Insanity, etc. Sabretooth is no articulate genious so any tough guy could play him which they should have used a pro wrestler to fit the bill.