Wuddup from Edmonton

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by d-bo, Aug 20, 2008.

1. d-bo

d-bo New Member

Anybody want to train, teach or spar? I'm in Edmonton, AB, Canada.
    I trained in manila last december in Kombatan with GM Ernesto Presas, his son in law master Michael, master Allan, and a couple times with master jonjon (GM's son). I started training since i was a child under my dad's instruction and have got back into fma the last couple of years.

2. Phil Mar Nadela

Phil Mar Nadela New Member Supporting Member

No way Man! I'm from Edmonton too!

Kumusta Kabayan!

My name is Phil and I am also here in Edmonton. I have been practicing Under Guro Regie Aviles for a couple of years now but I have been doing FMA for 3 years.
    Edmonton has a very scars Filipino martial arts practitioners. Most have certifications, schools under other styles (mostly tae kwondo) and a few schools that still teach. KPC martial arts, BSM martial arts (JKD Kali), Real self defense center and our club Edmonton Kali Arnis de Mano Club formaly Edmonton Sikaran Arnis Jiu-jutsu.
    There are many Filipino masters here but they do not teach anymore. One of them is still teaching which is affiliated with our club, Master Rogellio Paclibar (Paclibar Bicol Arnis). He teaches privately now.

If you don't mind I will take that offer from you (maybe not the sparing part, I’m not that good yet ). Just Private message me, so we can meet up.

Welcome to Forum and I hope you like it here!

3. d-bo

d-bo New Member

thanks i'll pm you. it'll be good to exchange some knowledge and share experiences.

does master paclibar have a son named dave?

where in edmonton can i learn jkd/kali?

Also, i've been looking for the sikaran club here in edmonton for a while but the only trace i found was the 5 year old flyers at the es-em sari-sari store haha

4. Phil Mar Nadela

Yes, I belive the master has a sons named David and Roger. The only place you can learn JKD kali here is with Sifu Brad Murphy (BSM martial arts -or Combat zone store)He is the only one in Edmonton that i know that is certified to teach this.
    The only Sikaranista's unfortunately that i know off here in Alberta is Guro Regie Aviles and his Master Tom Sulit in Calgary. However our club is under Guro Regie and he is a black belt 3 dan in Sikaran.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Phil Mar Nadela

5. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Welcome!

6. Bagwis

Bagwis New Member

regards to regie, phil

Hi to all:

Phil, is regie still active in teaching, im Lito J. one of his friends, pls give my regards to him and more power.

Lito J.
    Reg # 27605DBB

7. Phil Mar Nadela

Sir Lito,

Yes, he is still very active in teaching. He moved to Calgary last year. Guro is going to start teaching Jiu-jitsu and Arnis this September in a local gym in Calgary.
    I never meet any instructor as strict and as good as him before, a real arnisador. I feel lucky to be his student. I will tell him about you when I see him again.

Phil