willing, but not able

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by krav81, Feb 17, 2009.

1. krav81

krav81 New Member

Hey everyone here! After some research, I have recently developed a great respect for FMA. However, I cannot seem to locate anyone that teaches any form of Kali, Silat, escrima, or any other fma in south florida. The closest i get is Krav maga, which I love and has some elments or fma. Any help or info about local south florida classes?
    Thanks in advance.

Krav81

2. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Here is a link to Dekiti Tirsia Siradas in Florida. If you can
    go train with Stephen you will learn a lot. [​IMG]

http://www.dtsflorida.com/

3. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

There's a lot of FMA there! Can you be more specific about your location?

4. DM03

DM03 New Member

As has been stated, you have alot of options in that area if you do some research. There is a very strong and established Garimot group around Ft. Lauderdale, you have an Inosanto Blend at American Dragon near Coral Springs/Boca Raton, down in Miami you have the Miami Arnis group which has a great program. Also, Kuntao Silat with Steven Tarrago at Twin Dragons in the Miami as well. All reputable and prepared to provide what you are looking for. Best of luck in your search...

Dino Martinez

5. tim_stl

tim_stl Junior Member

you're in luck-

garimot arnis (http://www.garimot.com) is all over broward county (pompano, davie, ft. lauderdale, hollywood), and the man himself (gat puno baet) is in pembroke pines.

along with the other suggestions, there is plenty to try and see what suits you, but you have a unique oppotunity in living close to someone as talented as gat puno.

tim

6. Bahad Zubu-Florida

Bahad Zubu-Florida New Member

I also would recommend Gat Puno Abon with Garimot Arnis de Mano. You may also contact Sifu/Guro Dwight Woods at www.unifiedmartialart.com who is in the Miami area.