Wild Hogs.

Discussion in 'The Den' started by arnisador, Mar 5, 2007.

1. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

We went to see this movie this weekend because we had visited the town of Madrid, NM while they were filming it. It was pretty bad and I agree with the critics, but I have to be honest...I laughed and laughed and laughed. I can't recommend it because of the simple, obvious, and crude humor, but it's been a long time since I laughed so long and often.

My son really enjoyed the graphic novel of "The 300" and so he's excited about seeing that. We're going to go next week. Looks like a lot of good action sequences in it!

We're waiting to see the new Spider-Man, Harry Potter, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies, too! I'd like to see Breach but no one else is interested in going with me.

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Saw Ratatouille tonight...good film, with a really funny short before it:

[yt]rVErDxmqFXI[/yt]

3. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

I want to see the Transformers movie. :biggrinbo:biggrinbo

I'm such an 80s kid ;)

4. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

My son and I went to see it. Take it from two FMAers: This was a bad film.

We saw War tonight, and I regret to say that although I'm a fan of Jason Statham, he and Jet Li didn't make a very good film here. The real problem lies with how it was edited--whether the fault lies with the editor or with what he was given to edit, I don't know, but its' pretty rare that I notice the editing at all, so this is saying something.

5. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

My son and I went to see Shoot Em Up tonight. I loved it! It answered the question, What if Bugs Bunny had been a deranged ex-Green Beret? Cartoonish violence (though not for kids by any mean) in a film that lovingly pokes fun at the genre. I can't believe it wasn't directed by Quentin Tarantino.

I forgot to mention that this film has one excellent katana-katana fight between relatively minor players that is set in Japan, and one good katana-katana fight that is set in the U.S. and features Jet Li (using the sword one-handed against an opponent who wields it two-handed).