Wife caught me woking up a littlle sweat on the beach.

Discussion in 'Modern Arnis' started by RevDogo, May 30, 2011.

1. RevDogo

RevDogo New Member

2. LegendLoLo

LegendLoLo New Member

Wow! A lefty! Good video quality. Oh, btw, Can i ask how many megapixel that android phone you have? Im quite impressed at how clear the video is.

Anyhow. Saw the video and it was also impressive. The secrets of twirling will be proper stance and just easy turning like having fun.

Oh and i saw some No-No's "IN MY OWN OPINION"

Check frame 00:24 See your hands? Its kind of very vulnerable for stripping the weapon off your hands. One thing my Grandpa told me is not to sway the stick too much as to not to injure your hands AND put it in an awkward position.

Check Frame 00:26
    Check Frame 00:27

Thanks for the share

3. RevDogo

RevDogo New Member

The camera is a 5mp that is only that clear in direct sunlight or other bright light. If not it kind of sucks...lol
    Thank you for the advice. Presently I am trying to build more strength and flexibility in my wrists and hands.
    It is a bit of a challenge but I really enjoy it. By the time my wife started recording me I was getting sloppy.
    I lack snap in my right side so I am working on moving from left to right.

4. RevDogo

RevDogo New Member

5. LegendLoLo

LegendLoLo New Member

Whoa! Nice hands kid! I gotta "Hand it" to yah!

I see. Why don't you try holding the baton in the middle then twirl it up and down. Your hands should be all straight in your side like you're in a crucifix. That will do the trick, Strength building and flexibility in one.

Do it by 30's side by side or both of them working at the same time. Atleast 4 reps per day would be good.

6. RevDogo

RevDogo New Member

Thank you!
    I take any and all correction.
    There is much to learn and so little time.

7. LegendLoLo

LegendLoLo New Member

Practicing makes everything perfect.

Especially taking someones judgement on how you do it and make it into more improvement rather than argue with it.

8. RevDogo

RevDogo New Member

Well perfection is a phantom that is elusive...however...I work to get as good as I can be.

9. LegendLoLo

LegendLoLo New Member

Everyone wants to be good at something. . . Three cheers for FMA!

10. RevDogo

RevDogo New Member

11. RevDogo

RevDogo New Member

12. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Nice!

13. RevDogo

RevDogo New Member