Why learn the Ilustrisimo method / system ?

Discussion in 'Kali Ilustrisimo' started by RETIRADA, Nov 14, 2008.

1. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

Thanks for posting the photo. Nice to see everyone smiling and happy. Glad to see Manong Tony, Arnold, etc in the group photo.

Enjoy your training.

Louie

2. Raul

Raul Mananandata

Uh.. Louie, It was Simon who shot and shared the KI photo. I don't wanna steal the credit from him. Yep, its nice to see Pareng Tony, Pareng Samuel, Pareng Arnold, Pareng Martin, Igso Robert Morales and the rest with Igso Yuli's group smiling and enjoying each others' company. Cheers!

3. Hey - no problem!

The photo turned out great so I thought I'd share :)

My wife and I also have some nice ones for our personal collection too. And I picked up a few new stick burns from Master Pedring and the mandatory Sunday sparring bruises which led Master Pedring to comment later

"You're all offense and no defense!".

4. Raul

Raul Mananandata

Whoah.. its better than "all defense and no offense"! Defense may serve you for a while but if that's all you have, it will in eventually succumb to offensives. That's one of the reasons that contrada is usually emphasized in FMA instead of defensa.

5. I hear you Raul.

I haven't been sparring that long so have a lot to learn. The Ilustrisimo / Bahad Zubu methods are not meant for padded spars (by that please read "padded Stick" with no gloves / armour...) so you do have to change your mindset a bit and employ different tatics.

Having said that we have many sparring champions in our system so hopefully I can learn a few things from them over the next few weeks / months / years!

6. Makata

Makata New Member

Why am I an Ilustrisimo practitioner? Pretty much all the same reasons you guys all said...it's just an awesome system, and it fits my personality and temperment!

Mabuhay ang Ilustrisimo! :D

Lester S.

7. eome

eome Junior Member

pic

Great photo.Thats the way it should be.

8. still lurking

still lurking New Member

took it because of my quest to learn as much systems as I can and take what works for me from every one of them. Every system has something to offer.

9. Twist

Twist Junior Member

From my experience there are systems for which this approach doesnt work...

10. Sicilian

Sicilian New Member

I don't know how to put it, but everything in this system just makes sense. Each and every micro-movement has a purpose. As is with BJJ, Muay or Boxing. That's it. That's all.

11. Djay

Djay Guest

I enjoy studying the Ilustrisimo Method because it is simple and direct. Most of all it just seems to suit me, my body type and the techniques feel natural to me.