Why learn the Ilustrisimo method / system ?

Discussion in 'Kali Ilustrisimo' started by RETIRADA, Nov 14, 2008.

1. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

I would like to ask my fellow Ilustrisimo practitioners on why they chose this particular system / method over the other FMA styles/systems.

For me, mainly due to it's simplicity, directness and functionality and also due to the people behind the art.

Salamat.

Louie

2. Personally I love the Ilustrisimo system because there are no blocks and all the reasons you give in your 2nd sentence.

Simon.

3. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

Thanks Simon. Are you based in the Philippines or the UK ?

I am based in Canada but lived in Manila for 23 years.

Regards,

Louie

4. Based in Quezon City and train with Master Yuli.

5. el maldito de cebu

el maldito de cebu New Member

I'am asking question. so the Illustrisimo system is already based in manila now? I heard some old students in bantayan already old 70+ age are still practicing there skills and still a potent vector even in there age but there no longer teaching the method to the new generation

6. Grandmaster Tony Diego is based in Manila and GM Ilustrisimo lived in Tondo, Manila.

Ilustrisimo students / Guros would know more as I belong to Bahad Zubu which is slightly different, being a blend of Ilustrisimo, GM Borinaga and Master Yuli's own research and experience.

There probaly are other Ilustrisimo family members who are skilled arnisadors in different areas apart from Manila. I think the system first came to widespread prominence due to Tatang's exploits though as you know the family have been infamous in Cebu for generations. Maybe somebody else can help you out as I for one would be interested as to how the system is similar / different to the styles under the doce pares umbrella.

7. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

Why Ilustrisimo? Simple, it for me is like a good suit...fits well, wears well and by God I look good doing it..LOL. It is simplicity with intent...in, out, done, over..see ya that is why Ilustrisimo.....mabuhay Ilustrisimo

PG Mike B
    BaHad Zu'Bu KA'LI Ilustrisimo
    Western HQ
    SATX

8. Raul

Raul Mananandata

Ilustrisimo totally fits my temperament. It is simple, direct and quick to the point.

9. Deep Fat Friar

Deep Fat Friar New Member

Why? It depends. ;)

10. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

Thanks to all who replied. We are all very fortunate to be part of the Ilustrisimo system in one way or another. I have no regrets whatsoever in making a decision to concentrate my studies and training in this system.

Take care all and regards,

Louie

11. el maldito de cebu

el maldito de cebu New Member

thanks for the info bro. I know now where is there place in manila in is just within the city limits the cradle of old heroes but now tondo is change by time and due to poberty its now a den full of not heroes.

12. Raul

Raul Mananandata

Who needs heroes? Heroes come when people can't stand up for themselves. People of Tondo lives in the present and not in the past. We don't believe nothing, we do something. Also, that poverty thing associated to Tondo is a cliche. You can find poverty everywhere. The difference with the poor of Tondo from others is that they work for a living and don't depend on government handouts or welfare. You should also be aware that there are many millionaires who live or at least maintain a house or two over there.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  13. Well put Raul. Just read that to my wife who was born in Tondo and she appreciated it too. :)

14. Phil Mar Nadela

Phil Mar Nadela New Member Supporting Member

I miss tondo,When i us to live in the P.I. i frequent in tondo when i use to go to a all boys highschool (letran) and a few of my classmates live there. Let me tell you, the tuition fee alone for that school was allot and i was not able to finish my senior high there because of money problems, lets just say all my friends from tondo finished school there.

15. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

Hi Simon,

Thanks for replying. Enjoy your training with Master Yuli Romo. I was only able to learn from him once. His movements are quiet unique.

Regards,

Louie

Last edited: Nov 16, 2008
  16. Yes, Master Yuli's movements are amazing, especially his footwork.

Here is a picture taken yesterday with quite a few Masters. It was the first time I have met Master Pedring Romo and he showed me some of his "Hata Sunggabb" (bait and attack) Ilustrisimo system and it is all the things that have been mentioned on this thread, simple - direct - effective. It is always nice to see the Ilustrisimo group led by Master Tony and to remind ourselves that the art we love comes from the same source.

Mabuhay Kali Ilustrisimo!

[​IMG]

17. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

Thanks Simon. Looks like the photo was moved or deleted. At any rate, I myself enjoy learning from all 1st and 2nd generation Ilustrisimo practitioners. I will always treasure that.

Take care over there and give my regards to Master Yuli though I doubt if he still remembers me as I had only 1 session with him.

Louie

18. Raul

Raul Mananandata

I miss the bros! Ingat!

19. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

I will be back home in March...ready to go now....LOL.....mabuhay Ilustrisimo....

PG Mike B
    BaHad ZuBu KA'LI Ilustrisimo