Why is your system the best?

Discussion in 'General' started by Kali Cowboy, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Kali Cowboy

Kali Cowboy New Member

Mr. Pat, this is off subject...Why do you have the little danasoft.com man holding a sign at the bottom of your post? It is very disturbing. What can I do to stop him from spying on me?

2. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Brit with a stick

Actually he is not spying on you, only you can see the information on his board, he is showing you that no matter which sight you go on, your information is registered on the sight you are visiting.

I get to see my information on his board and no one elses. It is showing you need to have a good firewall and personal information blocker on your PC to stop these sites seeing your info. More info on how to do that is at Danasoft.

I can remove him if it really disturbes you as all it is, is a html code in my signature.

Best regards

Pat

3. Kali Cowboy

Kali Cowboy New Member

I will use this as a tool to get my computer protected. Thanks,
    Steve

4. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Yes, it's a warning! Every site you visit gets info. like that from your browser. You have less anonymity on the Net than you may think.

5. Kali Cowboy

Kali Cowboy New Member

Does it mean my identity will be stolen?

6. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

No...it means that you always leave a code that your Internet provider could use to identify you if a web site operator complained about something you'd done. You can cloak this info. via something like www.anonymizer.com but unless you're up to no good you probably needn't worry.

7. Kali Cowboy

Kali Cowboy New Member

I have what I call Internet Integrity, I am just worried about getting my ID stollen. My wife thinks that sites like ours are dangerous.

8. tellner

tellner New Member

Privacy is crime. Only the guilty have anything to fear.

Sorry arnisador. You stepped on your tallywhacker that time.

9. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I didn't think a dissertation on 1984 was what was called for here. Look at posts #44-46 again and recall what my role is at this site (including w.r.t. the issue of topicality). I gave what I felt was practical advice. Feel free to sound the alarm; I wouldn't disagree.

10. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

Steve, if you or your wife have any questions about how this forum works or what kind of information we can see (or can't see), please let Bob or I know...especially if you have concerns.

Bob has been hosting and managing websites for several years. I'm a volunteer here but for my real gig I'm a telecommunications engineer. This kinda stuff is what we do...we can get you sorted out if you're confused. No one is born knowing this stuff. ;)

11. Shaun

Shaun New Member

Hiatus

Hi Carol.Good to see you posting again.

12. equilibrium

equilibrium New Member

Pekiti Tirsia Kali the best

PTK is the BEST FOR ME (not the best) since it hasn't been modified, sportised, watered down, made politically correct.

Also since it is focused on weapons and life and death encounters with armed multiple opponents and is focused on survival and not sportsman like conduct.

Also since it is a transferable system between different weapons or no weapons.

Most arts have been sanitised, sportised, and otherwise focused on something other than combat for years, pekiti tirsia is still focused on the real deal...