Who's the man?

Discussion in 'Modern Arnis' started by Morgan, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Morgan

Morgan New Member

Now that it's been over a decade since Professor passed and people seem to be moving in a better direction, I have a question to ask. There are several different orgs moving in different directions. With all of that I'm wondering who is the Lead Dog or the Mover and Shaker of Modern Arnis.

Morgan

2. Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons Member

ME!!! As an independent I know I have the best qualifications for what you describe. I have the Same initials as Remy Presas.

Rich Parsons. :)

Sorry I could not let this pass. Thanks

3. Charlie

Charlie New Member

wouldent it be Grandmaster Reme Presas JR? I mean I have meet him personally and I think it is only logical that the son take over the school UNLESS stated otherwise in a LEGAL document.

4. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

There is no one "the man"! There are however a lot of very, very good practitioner's carrying on The Professor's legacy. ;)

5. Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard Darth Vindicatus Supporting Member

Given the fractured state of the art, the absence of a probated will specifically defining such things, I agree with Brian. There is no 1 man. But, there are a number of people carrying on the art. Among them, the Datus, Mott's, and a lot of others. If you want 'movers and shakers' though, look to the guys who are hammering at the seminar circuit, pumping out the books and videos, and hosting the big camps. Are they 'the best'? Not for me to say, judge for yourself. But the 'movers and shakers' are the guys carrying the flag forward, passing the art along, expanding the family.

As to who the man is?

This guy.
    :D

[video=youtube;yXhRFnUn72E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXhRFnUn72E[/video]

6. Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman FMA Talk Founder Supporting Member

I'm currently teaching in sunny Barbados, so I'm not going to dig into this topic while I'm here. What I will say is that in the will that Prof Presas signed off, none of his children were included in taking over the art.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

7. Charlie

Charlie New Member

Did his will say anything about anyone taking over the style? I will be the first to admit I know nothing about the Modern Arnis polotics and will not get involved I just tell what I have herd, and delt with in my own style's polotics. I am not hear to down anyone or anything like that I want to make sure that is known, All I know is what I have herd from people I have talked to. Grandmaster Reme Preses Jr is a very nice and humble person thats all I know, I have also talked with Master Pat Armijo from Modern Arnis. I know in our style it has gotten into a dirty battle on who is in charge due to the fact that GM Angel Cabales never made a document stating that GM Vincent Cabales would take over. So just to make it offical I dont know who the head honcho of Modern Arnis is but I have meet Grandmaster Reme Preses jr and Master Armijo every instructor has something to offer thats all I know. In my experiance of a meek 15 years in the FMA after the first generation most leadership of a style fades anyway this has been proven again and again.

8. Charlie

Charlie New Member

And to not create any bad blood I want to say to all people every Master has something to offer they are all good. Or the Grandmaster or Ranking offical would not have trusted them with the title of master of their art as long as everyone has fun training and works hard the style will live.

9. Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman FMA Talk Founder Supporting Member

Killing some time in JFK, while waiting for my flight home. The will that Professor worked on for several years has been posted on the net on more than one occasion. There is a list of people that he wanted to form a corporation. These members would then vote on a chairman of the board. If you're interested in more details, do a search on Martial Talk and you'll see a copy of the will.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

10. James Miller

James Miller Member Supporting Member

If this is what Morgan was asking, I would answer it by regions:

The Philippines - GM Rodel Dagooc
    Europe - GM "Datu" Dieter Knuttle
    North America - GM "Datu" Tim Hartman

These three men are the most visable in the Modern Arnis community. Obviously I'm partial to Datu Tim, but you can't say that he isn't tearing up the seminar circuit. In addition to that, he's working on movies and launched several media outlets for FMA, including this one (FMATalk).

11. The Boss

The Boss I am the Law! Supporting Member

It seems to me that Datu Tim currently has caught the public eye!

12. Dan Anderson

Dan Anderson Member

Not quite. Rich parsons, Chuck Gauss, myself, Brian Zawilinski, Dieter Knuttel, Gaby Roloff, Ken Smith and others all are currently in the public eye.