Who is Whom in Kali Ilustriimo

Discussion in 'Kali Ilustrisimo' started by The Boss, Jan 3, 2012.

1. The Boss

The Boss I am the Law! Supporting Member

Like many of us, we know the people in our system. Unfortunately for me, I'm less than knowledgeable in other systems. I'm curious who are the people in Kali Ilustrisimo?

BTW I will be asking that same question in the other section of FMAT. I think it will be better to focus on one art at a time.

2. michigankalisilat

michigankalisilat New Member

This might be a good place to start your inquiry.
    http://www.amazon.com/Secrets-Kalis...1459/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325629778&sr=8-1

From what I understand, there are or were "5 pillars" of Kali Ilustrisimo. These being the top 5 students of Tatang at one point in time.
    Tony Diego, Yuli Romo, Rey Galang, The late Christopher Ricketts and the late Edgar Sulite. Each went on to teach their own version of the art, some creating a new art by blending knowledge gained from other masters.
    If you search through this forum you can find out more details about the individual instructors. There are many other high ranked students of the 5 pillars but thats a topic for someone else to address.

hope that helps
    Eric

3. The Boss

The Boss I am the Law! Supporting Member

That's a good start. So there are the 5 pillars:

Living:
    Tony Diego
    Yuli Romo
    Rey Galang

Deceased:
    Christopher Ricketts
    Edgar Sulite

What are the living pillars doing now and who are their more notable students?

4. Raul

Raul Mananandata

Grandmaster Antonio Diego, the heir to the Kalis Ilustrisimo Escrima still trains his students in Rizal Park(Luneta) and Binondo. Tom Dy Tang and Arnold Narzo are two of his premier students.

5. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

Manong Norman Suanico (room mate of Tatang in Tondo) currently teaches the art in Alberta, Canada. He has an excellent training program.