Who did Nene learn from?

Discussion in 'Pekiti-Tirsia Kali' started by Gilla, May 16, 2008.

1. Gilla

Gilla -== Banned ==-

If Nene's dad was killed in the war, and he did not live with Conrado. Who did he learn from and when? Like i said he lived over 100 miles from Conrado so how did he do it? Travel was difficult at the time ,the war had just ended and people where just getting there lives together. He studied with Juan Luwan and GM Chavez and had no training in the family system that i know of until later so what's up? As far as i know Dekiti is his own system not the Tortal family system.So what do you think? I think he saw chance for the limelight and made the whole thing up.
    Ed

2. NAGA

NAGA Member

Have you talked with Grand Tuhon Tortal?

Hello,
    First, this post should probably be on the DTS Fourm. Nevertheless, from whom do you get your information? Have you talked with Grand Tuhon Tortal Personally? As far as I know after his father was killed (by the Japanese) he did live and train with Conrado his uncle...

Thanks,
    John

3. Karl

Karl New Member

Why u dont stop putting charcoal in the fire!!!

Were you there when GM Nene was a young boy? Do you know for sure what you are saying?As far as you know "Dekiti is not the Tortal family system" Oh really wow....
    What do you want to gain with all of this????

4. Imua Kuntao

Imua Kuntao New Member

What do you want to gain with all of this????[/quote]

Exactly. Yes it should be in the other section, if you dont practice the style nor care about it why even ask a question. If you want to police the martial arts, I can say from experince, there is nothing to be done. All scamers will with time be in the light.

5. Imua Kuntao

Imua Kuntao New Member

BTW, I in no way think GT NENE is a scamer or fraud.

6. slider

slider New Member

never mind...

Last edited: May 16, 2008
  7. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

I think really this can be summed up like this:

GM Nene does DTS

GM Gaje does PTK

They both belong to the same family but each have their own distinct art.

Hooray, it has been figured out. Now hopefully both sides can just train and have fun. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Brock

Brock Asha'man

I agree.

9. selfcritical

selfcritical New Member

I don't know of any informed parties to that question that don't have vested interest in particular answers on either side. As long as both grandmasters are teaching legitimate skills proficiently(which seems likely, as they demonstrated together often), then I don't see that it matters all that much who's right, except insamuch as whom you want to associate with personally.

10. silat1

silat1 Active Member

:kicknuts::bsflag::schild30:

Why start this thread over again when it has already been shut down by the moderators already>