White Plains Westchester NY training

Discussion in 'JKD-Kali' started by ficti0n, Oct 19, 2008.

1. ficti0n

ficti0n New Member

Hey I just moved to whiteplains NY a couple months ago and i am looking for a school in close proximity to the area??? Does anyone have any suggestions.... I saw that the westchester martial arts center has classes and I think I saw another one called Elite jeet kune do in greenich...... But these places only have class 2 times a week...........

Has anyone been to these schools?? Any suggestions?? I am basically looking for a school with a lot of sparing and application..I dont need conditioning and exercise as I do that on my own daily.. Trying to stay away from the places that cater to little kids and babying out of shape over sensitive adults..... Looking for a JKD Kali school I think.... My background is mostly wingchun and Goju... with some jui jitsu and kali.....

Thanks in advance for any help......!!!!!! Also if there is anyone in the area just looking to train on thier own.... Such as controled sparring without equipment and working on techniques/self defense.... contact me......

2. kempo

kempo Junior Member

I highly reccomend Westchester Martial arts Academy. Guru Chuck and Kara are very knowledagble and sharing. Give them a call you won't be dissapointed.

George

3. Delta

Delta knowledge seeker

I second that. Guru Chuck and Kara are good people and know their stuff. You'll get a lot of training.

With respect,

Nicholas Stevens

4. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Senior Member

5. ficti0n

ficti0n New Member

Yea I called the westchester martial arts place but they don't do any real sparring over there... Just fully geared up mui tia type of sparring which is completely worthless for anything in my opinion... It is so limiting and teaches bad habits.... I know loads of people will disagree but thats them....

I will check out the other place next, I am pretty close to nyack.. maybe 15 minutes or less... Thanks for the link!!!....

I am also goign to check out this elite JKD place... seems to have classes 5 nights a week and 2 of the nights a week back to back with Kali.....