Where to buy Arnis/Kali/Eskrima equipment in Illinois?

Discussion in 'FAQ' started by littlebadboy, Jun 23, 2011.

1. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Junior Member

I am hoping to start up an LSAI club here in the North Chicago Suburbs. I will be needing some gear or a places to refer where to buy their gear.

Your tips will be highly appreciated.

2. michigankalisilat

michigankalisilat New Member

start with www.bloodsport.com for sticks and sparring gear. Leslie at www.kaligear.com also has excellent stuff and is very reliable and easy to deal with. I've ordered from both and have been very happy with my purchases.

3. SomethingClever

SomethingClever New Member

I recently bought from FMApulse and got a great deal. I got a pair of Kamagong, Bahi, Labsika rattan, and foam sticks; an aluminum JKD training knife, and a bag to carry all that with room for 2 more pairs & a couple more knives for $150-ish.

http://www.fmapulse.com/catalog/training-packs

Those training packs are a steal. As for sparring gear, michigankalisilat pretty much covered that with bloodsport.com, otherwise, Lacrosse gear makes for good improvised hand and forearm equipment.

4. littlebadboy

Thanks for the tips!

But... ooooooh... too pricey... makes me miss living in the Philippines. Rattan sticks goes for about $ 0.50, padded sticks goes for about less than $3 each, and wooden training knives are likewise about $3 each direct from supplier. When we used to train, our rattan sticks does not really last long and we didn't care because they are cheap. Unfortunately I brought only 10 sticks for personal use.

I think I should order a bunch when relatives come over to visit.

5. LegendLoLo

LegendLoLo New Member

=)) Its really cheap in PI. Last time i bought sticks was

Rattan: 50 for 3 pieces 100 for 7pieces
    Ironwood is a little expensive : 200 per piece/ 350 for two pieces
    Kamagong: 100 per piece / 150 for two
    Padded Sticks in Toby's Sportshop = 100 for piece. 180 for two pieces
    Aluminum Training Knifes = Depends on Metal shop i got mine 180 order
    Aluminum Training Swords= swords a little expensive 260 per piece order

6. SomethingClever

SomethingClever New Member

I gotta holla at relatives that visit the Phil. That is cheap, what's the conversion rate now (dollar to pesos)?

By the way, which suburb are you starting this thing at?

7. LegendLoLo

LegendLoLo New Member

What kind of dollar do you have? The green kind or the blue kind?

8. littlebadboy

I think its PhP 42'ish to a US$. I am in Round Lake Beach, about 40 miles north of Chicago.

What blue kind?

9. LegendLoLo

LegendLoLo New Member

I think they call Checks the blue kind of dollar. Correct me if im wrong with that.