Where should I order my bastons?

Discussion in 'Gear Talk!' started by FENOM, Jul 18, 2008.

1. FENOM

FENOM New Member

Hey all,

Could anyone direct me to a site where I can pick up quality bastons that will last......longer than others? Thanks in advance!

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

3. tellner

tellner New Member

What do you want them made of?

If you have access to woodworking tools you can make them from just about anything. Hickory, osage orange, ash, tan eucalyptus, white oak and ipe will last you a long, long time. The first two have the greatest impact strength. Some of the really hard exotics like cocobolo and kamagong can chip or shatter.

4. The Phalanx

The Phalanx FMA's Frank Lucas

Only one place can you give you the best quality bastons... Kombat Instruments Limited at www.bloodsport.com

Don't go to any other place... Of course I'm bias cause K.I.L. is affiliated with the Dog Brothers and runned by a Dog Brother... But their bastons are top-notch quality... If the Dog Brothers use them, that means that they're the best...

5. Boz

Boz Kailat Kombatives Student

+1 for Kombat Instruments Limited.

I have a pair of their 31inch 1.25diamater rattan sticks and they are unbelievable. They feel a lot like swinging tree trunks around, but actually aren't too heavy for big sticks. Nobody likes doing sinawali with me anymore :(

And really, the KIL sticks aren't badly priced. They are a lot of stick for the money.

6. Phil Mar Nadela

Phil Mar Nadela New Member Supporting Member

7. Phil Mar Nadela

Phil Mar Nadela New Member Supporting Member

I have seen your work with the knives (kerambits?) and you make good work; why not make your own?
    I buy a bunch of rattan from a supplier and i harden and prep the sticks myself. It is time consuming but worth it.

I have been making my own for a while and so far it has last longer than the ones I bought commercially. Although the Kombat Instruments sticks looks really good and I have not tried it and being a cheapo, I prefer to save a little money rathern than buying online. Plus I enjoy making them now; people that I come across always ask me where I buy my rattan sticks. They are always surprised when I tell them that I made them.

I recently sold the last sibat i made to a fellow martial artist and so far i haven't heard any complaints.

8. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

9. Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard Darth Vindicatus Supporting Member

Site is experiencing some technical issues that I'm working on fixing. Should have things fixed shortly. In the mean time, for product information please contact Datu Hartman. My apologies for the inconvenience.