What's your preferred tactical pen?

Discussion in 'Gear Talk!' started by jwinch2, Jan 15, 2015.

1. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

The title pretty much says it. I am considering a tactical pen as an option for times when I cannot carry a gun or knife, or even as a backup/less lethal option for when I am. There seem to be plenty of options out there, so I am curious which ones guys/gals who carry them prefer, and the rationale behind their choices.

Thanks in advance.

2. silat1

silat1 Active Member

The problem with the tactical pen is that they are more recognizable before you get on a flight. I usually carry a monte blanc knock off which has a metal barrel or even a cross/parker pen which has a slim grip but still has a metal construction.. More politically correct and not prone to get confiscated by the local TSA super heroes. Plus easier and cheaper to replace if lost

3. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

Thanks. I don't fly much, but that is an important consideration. I am more thinking about issues of work, etc.

4. silat1

silat1 Active Member

I use a pen all the time at work, so comfort is the prime objective that I look at when I buy a pen. I use the mont blanc or cross pens at work as they are more suitable for office work or when you are talking to an individual outside.. The tactical pens I have looked at didn't quite fit my needs or my grip.. I use the Mont Blanc or cross/parker roller ball pens as they are a little more robust in their thickness and feels more substantial in use.. I have used these pens in both self defense and seminar training as well as on the job.. It just takes a couple of pens to find out what you feel comfortable with..

5. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member