Whatever happened?

Discussion in 'Serrada' started by newbie2013, Sep 2, 2013.

1. newbie2013

newbie2013 New Member

Whatever happened Chicago Tacosa Serrada Eskrima group?

2. Charlie

Charlie New Member

I have herd they still train but it is more at parks and peoples houses. Thats all I know I am friends with a doce pares school out there

3. newbie2013

newbie2013 New Member

Wow, really?!?!?

I actually heard that someone is teaching a Serrada class at a health club called Lifetime Fitness. Sounds pretty cool considering that classes there are at least 20 to 30 people. I wonder how they worked out the fees for teaching there. Hopefully the teacher is getting some dollars there cause membership is not cheap. Either way, I have a voicemail to the activities director so hopefully I can see what this will cost.

4. Charlie

Charlie New Member

Check it out buddy I havent herd to much about the Serrada School out there just from what I herd from my buddy who Does Bondalan Doce Pares

5. newbie2013

newbie2013 New Member

Just an FYI, got a call back. I have good news and bad news. Good new is that they do have a class. The bad new is the pricing. For members it's $65 a month for non-members it's $85 a month. I have seen their other classes and the headcount is pretty good.

Someone is making coin...

6. Charlie

Charlie New Member

its good I am happy to see them training and gaining from it thats rare in martial arts

7. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

$85 a month is pretty reasonable really. Most commercial MA clubs cost way more than that. Of course, much would depend on the number of classes offered per week, class size, etc.

8. Charlie

Charlie New Member

85 is good I mean in California it is at least I have seen Karate classes go for 150 a month

9. newbie2013

newbie2013 New Member

I've done the class for a few weeks and it's not too bad. It pretty organized. Headcount is about 35 people. I'm half tempted to ask the teacher what the take home is for them, but I figure it's a bit small compared to what the gym keeps. Beats working out in a dirty place and you have access clean facilities rather than trying to find a tree outside.

10. Paul Rosales

Paul Rosales New Member

I'm in Marco Island, Naples Florida and I teach Serrada.. I teach at Mackle Park. I am part of the group in Glendale Heights and Chicago group.. You will see the old members still teaching but mostly one on one.