What is your "morning poison"?

Discussion in 'The Den' started by Majd, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Majd

Majd New Member

So what is that one thing that you MUST DRINK that get's you going in the morning?
    I always feel very very sad and bored after I wake up (I always have to wake up at 5 o'clock) but after drinking a big cup of coffee I always feel better. I don't know why but the first smell that comes in my mind after I wake up is the smell of the coffee. :p

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I don't drink coffee--I've literally never even had a sip. I usually have a cola in the morning (caffeine free), or sometimes chocolate milk!

3. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

I do love good coffee. However, I've been trying to avoid the cup-of-caffeine-per-day habit. So, in the morning it is sometimes coffee, sometimes green tea, or sometimes just plain water. :)

4. tkdbadass

tkdbadass New Member

Red Bull!

5. silat1

silat1 Active Member

Cobra Venom along with a diet pepsi.. Have to have something to dilute the diet pepsi

6. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Senior Member

One cup of coffee in the morning. I don't function very well without it....

A croissant doesn't hurt either - but the caffeine is necessary to quell the millions of addicted brain cells that will rise up in revolt if I don't get my fix. As the saying almost goes, "A waste is a terrible thing to mind."

Best,

Steve

7. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

I'm with you Steve....gotta rock 1 big cup of Java....quality java at that. It keeps my medichloride levels just right....

8. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Senior Member

Occasionally I'll go with an espresso. I'll make a double shot of illy and keep spooning in the sugar until it won't dissolve anymore. Don't stir so hard that you break the crema...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. chubbybutdangerous

chubbybutdangerous CHUBBY MEMBER

Coffee (pronounced kawfeee for those of us born in NY). Followed by coffee with a coffee chaser

10. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

I have to drink some coffee pretty soon after getting up. I never drank coffee until I was in the Army and then it was the only thing hot which was available. Now, i'm pretty well screwed without it. I have two large cups of quality dark brew with some real cream and a very small amount of raw sugar or honey.

11. geezer

geezer Member

Avoid the cup-a-day habit? Me too.

So instead I'll drink the whole pot. Even in hot weather. I show up for training with "Chubbybutdangerous" at about 11:00 at the park, the temperature already climbing over 100, and I'll bring another big cup of hot Joe with me! That, and getting a few sharp cracks to the head or hand with a stick really wakes me up! LOL

12. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

You know Geezer, we're a lot alike, we're just at different ends of the....thermometer.

You drink hot coffee when its over 100, I drink iced coffee when its well below freezing.

I don't wear gloves unless its, oh, below zero (Fahrenheit) or so. Gotta be pretty damn cold for me to put those damn things on. So, lemme say it's a surreal experience holding your hands around a cup of iced coffee, and having the ice feel much warmer than the outside air. ;)