What is Lameco?

Discussion in 'Lameco' started by Bob Hubbard, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard Darth Vindicatus Supporting Member

Who developed it?

How did it get the name?

Who's the notable practitioners?

Where can I study it?

2. JohnJ

JohnJ Senior Member

Further to what has already been said in the header. Lameco is comprised of 3 major systems which include:

GM Jose Caballero's DeCampo Eskrima Uno-Dos-Tres
    GM Antonio "Tatang" Ilustrisimo's Kalis Ilustrisimo
    GT Leo Gaje's Pekiti Tirsia

Some of the notable instructors teaching Lameco as a whole:

Guro Jun Pueblos (Philippines)
    Guro Dan Inosanto (U.S.)
    Guro Lowell Pueblos (?)
    Guro Arnold Noche (U.S.)
    Guro Bud Balani (U.S.)
    Guro Dino Flores (U.S.)
    Guro Felix Valencia (U.S.)
    Guro Leonard Trigg (U.S.)
    Guro Dave Gould (U.S.)
    Guro Wolfegang Mueller (Germany)

Instructors teaching aspects of Lameco

Guro Roger Agbulos (U.S.)
    Guro Steve Tarani (U.S.)
    Guro Mark "Craft Dog" Denny (U.S.)
    Guro Larry Hartsell (U.S.)
    Guro Rick Tucci (U.S.)

Honorable Mentions:

Dondon Sulite (PG Edgar's son) is the Heir to the system.

Master Christopher "Topher" Ricketts is the highest ranked instructor since PG Edgar's passing.

For instruction by qualified and authorized instructors, contact www.lamecoeskrima.com

John J

3. WT_ATL

WT_ATL Member Supporting Member

John,

I've read that there is a core group of LAMECO practitioners referred to as SOG (Suilite Origianl Group). Do you know how many members are considered SOG?

Thanks,

Winston.

4. JohnJ

JohnJ Senior Member

Hey Winston,

You met several of the SOG (Sulite Orehenal Group) in Anaheim which includes several of the players I listed as instructors. Dino and Choy Flores, Bud Balani, Arnold Noche and Roger Agbulos to name a few.

Most of the Members were not only the most loyal of PG Edgar's students and family to him BUT were his fighters. They were recognized as the Lameco Tribe back in the day.

Here is their old link:
    http://www.members.tripod.com/lameco/leiindex.htm

Also visit: www.mandirigma.org & www.atf1898.com

I believe they give a total and list more names under the Lameco segment of Master Galang's book "Warrior Arts of the Philippines".

Hope this helps!

John

5. Roger Agbulos

Roger Agbulos New Member

Nice post JohnJ!

You have always been a good supporter of our group. Some of us in the SOG consider you part of that family believe it or not.

Salamat kapatid.

Roger

6. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I see from here that Dan Inosanto is serving as the VP. I'm surprised he has the time with all that he does himself--that's quite a statement, I think.

7. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

How many Lameco practitioners do we have here? This forum needs more action!

8. Roger Agbulos

Roger Agbulos New Member

Arnisador is right, this forum needs some action.

Felisa Sulite, wife of the late PG Edgar Sulite, is the one running Lameco Eskrima International organization right now. The link that arnisador provided has this (partial) quote from Felisa:

"It is, therefore, my duty, as the wife of the late founder Punong Guro Edgar G. Sulite, Sr. to appoint an interim president and vice president, namely :
    President : Guru Leonard TriggVice President : Guru Dan Inosanto

Without a doubt, these two trusted appointee has the necessary maturity, skill, and knowledge to carry this whole interprise to new heights..."

We definitely missed our mentor and friend - PG Edgar, but he lives on in each and everyone of us. She will have all the support she needs form the S.O.G. members, without a doubt, and that's what matters the most. The camaraderie lives on...

Respectfully,
    Roger

9. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

There's no Lameco entry at Wikipedia (or Martialpedia). There isn't even an entry for Edgar Sulite at WP, and only a one-liner at MP. Someone should make up entries for these sites!

10. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Please! More posts!