What does Mang Tony teach for empty hands

Discussion in 'Kali Ilustrisimo' started by Black Grass, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Black Grass

Black Grass Junior Member

I only seen a few videos of Many Tony teaching empty hands, it looked like dirty boxing, using the elbows for hand destruction and attacks, arm wrenches and locking. The take down he showed was basically stuffing the head to the pavement. In the video he also called it 'old filipino boxing', he did not call it anything but that although he was teaching some aussies so he kept with english.

Is this a fair representation of his EH vs. EH curriculum ?

Vince
    akak Black Grass

2. Raul

Raul Mananandata

AFAIK, that's exactly what his EH is, "The Good Old Filipino Boxing".

3. still lurking

still lurking New Member

Mostly boxing. The dirty part comes from his being pinoy .Lol. Win at all cost . Screw honor, live long. We don't live by the bushido, we just live Lol.

4. Makata

Makata New Member

I would LOVE to train with Mang Tony.
    Someday, when I go to the P.I....

Lester S. (Bakbakan/Ilustrisimo USA)

5. Deep Fat Friar

Deep Fat Friar New Member

We almost got him to come out here in February. Guess it wasn't in the cards. Hopefully, like you say, some day when I go to the P.I. :)

6. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

I have been trying for some time to bring Mang Yuli to the states. I have run into a quagmire of red tape.

Everything has been progressing nicely and I may have some excellent news to his arrival very soon. I will be securing the loose ends on my next trip to Las Pinas in Jan-Feb 09 and have some good solid backing her in the States through various FMA organizations aiding me in this quest. Will keep everyone informed.

Mabuhay

PG Michael B
    BaHad zu'Bu KA'LI Ilustrisimo

www.bahadzubuwest.org

7. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Is much time spent on empty hands in KI? I have always thought of it as very strongly weapons-oriented.

8. pluma

pluma Guest

we try to balance everything in training from empty hands to weapons

cheers

9. Raul

Raul Mananandata

Kumusta to all my brothers in Kalis Ilustrisimo Repeticion Orihinal.

10. Twist

Twist Junior Member

Cheers Raul.. nice videos on youtube ;)

11. Raul

Raul Mananandata

I just found out that I have these clips in my HD so I put them up in youtube. I'll take more videos when I come back home next year. There might be people who will be interested to see the KI guys of Manila.

12. Twist

Twist Junior Member

I'm currently in Singapore... cant wait to have a few free day to fly to Manila ;)