What do you listen to on your way to, and from, training?

Discussion in 'The Den' started by Carol, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

What do you folks like to listen to on your way to, and from, your training?

I've been listening to talk radio on my way in. Seems there is always something being talked about that gets my blood boiling enough to where I'm in the mood for a fight when I get to school :D

Going home, I prefer to listen to music...usually classic rock...but I'll put on hard rock or metal if traffic is bad. :)

How about you all?

2. ajs1976

ajs1976 New Member

I don't like talk radio, so usually the local rock or new rock stations. If they are talking to much I will even switch to the country or R & B stations. I would rather listen to music I don't like, then someone talking.

Can't wait until I get my new car with a cd player.

3. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I stick with my CDs, though satellite radio is something I find myself thinking about more and more often.

4. MTH

MTH New Member

I like listen to the new album from Motörhead. It´s fantastic and powerful
    In gerneral I like (hard) rock music.

5. Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman FMA Talk Founder Supporting Member

Tool, Metallica, Slipnot, Seal, etc...

6. p.v.

p.v. man with stick

I listen radio,here is one station named "Z rock" and they let only metal and rock,i like this music.Sometimes I listen hip-hop,dependent of my mood :)
    Reg!

7. Brock

Brock Asha'man

Spin Doctors, Blues Traveler, stuff like that. I'm very into the types of bands you could walk into a bar and see playing. I guess you could call it ambiance training for when I'm working the bar.

8. Ares326

Ares326 PSDE Main Branch

I listen to Within Temptation and Evanescence; it pumps you up.

9. robertlk808

robertlk808 Member

Oooh music, one of my favorite things. I dont even listen to the radio anymore, guess Im old, lol. Nah I burn a lot of CDs. Glad to see some other "Metal Heads" I often go for some of the old school punk as well as some new and uh.. thrash? oh hell im getting old. Some of my choices are

Misfits / Samhain / Danzig
    Celtic Frost
    Slayer
    Sepultura
    G.B.H.
    HateBreed
    My Chemical Romance
    Exodus

Even some of the "Techno" when Im not trying to get pumped like Daft Punk and other harder "techno" like NIN

Sometimes Im chillin and listen to New Zealand Hip Hop Artists:
    King Kapisi / Che Fu / Deceptikonz
    and of course my other favorite band Boo Yaa T.R.I.B.E.

I love music...

Anyway the Dog Brothers have some cool latin beats on some of their promos, specifically the Los Triques promo. I gotta get some of that too.

10. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

I blame Jason Brick for this. After he raved about how Iron Maiden still kicks some serious butt...well...you can guess what's in my CD player now. :D :D

11. nash

nash New Member

I listen to anything hard hitting. The beats get the blood pumping and you go in feeling like you can take on the instructor and make him look like a sissy. Never have I been able to do that to him, but one day I will be pumped enough to not look like a pansy while I spar him.

12. robertlk808

robertlk808 Member

Dude that is hilarious. I understand the feeling, lol.

13. Mchief

Mchief New Member

I listen to Jazz to the school and C&K, Kalapana or Country Comfort on the way home.

14. 408kali

408kali Member

...doing the robot! :D

Usually I listen to anything that pumps me up. I go just after getting off work usually, and apart from a quick cup of coffee, I need something to get my adrenalin going.
    Usually it's some rap like Gift of Gab, MF Doom, or Pumpkinhead. I like alot of non-mainstream artists. Truthfully, I am a music fiend and can point out artists in most genres that I like. And 99% of the time there is guaranteed to be some Roots Reggae and Funk mixed in... thanks Carol for touching on one of my favorite subjects!
    Anyone for some Martin Denny? Hehehe....

15. loyalonehk

loyalonehk Kaju Dog - DBMAA

The obnoxious sound of my Harley! :EvilGrin:

I ride it right inside the school and park next to the office...