Welcome to the Sikaran Forum!

Discussion in 'Sikaran' started by arnisador, May 1, 2007.

1. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Feel free to discuss any Sikaran styles here!

Can anyone suggest a small image we can use for this forum in the main page?

2. Sheldon Bedell

Sheldon Bedell New Member

because Sikaranis a generic name for many uses of the foot/feet in fighting I would suggest a simple picture of a foot

3. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

How about a picture of a white leopard? *winks at Sheldon* ;)

4. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Hmmm...maybe a more stylized picture of a foot? Surrounded by bastons or something?

5. Sheldon Bedell

I like that idea seeing as how Sikaran is usualy taught as a subdivision by most people, with only a few of us teaching it as the hart of what we do
    I would rather see a baston and blade with the foot but thats just me

6. artvilla

artvilla New Member

i started my martial arts with sikaran in cubao QC under Mr. candido Pecate. This was back in the seventies, I also had the opportunity to train and attend the camp in baras rizal under Mr. geronimo. we even heard testimonies from the old timers about the matches with mutiple attackers while one person remained in the circle he can only block and kick no punches were allowed if i remember correctly as the rule of the match the opponents can even hold you and this is where the biakid came into good use. I ran into Mr. Pecate many years later at the araneta while watching a boxing match. I think he was working as a body guard. There was also a show in the late seventies called karate arnis filipino hosted by roland dantes and mr. geronimo as well. that was one of the better times where all disciplines and stick fighting styles converged to compete in the spirit of sportsmanship and honor for their school.they also did demos and instructional segments which was educational for the untrained spectator... sayang ngayon puro mma na lang at nakalimutan na ng kababayan natin ang mga katutubong
    paraan ng paglaban. its true fma is more popular outside the philippines than there , went to a party and mentioned kali they had no clue what it was.thay thought it was a drink.....

7. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

How sad! Well, it's good that some people are preserving the art.

8. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Anyone have a good picture for this forum?

9. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

I like the idea of a picture of a foot with weapons. I'll try putting something together.

10. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Can we get more traffic in here? I'm tempted to merge it back into General for lack of posts!

11. Sheldon Bedell

It would be nice to see more traffic how ever There just do not seem to that many people who study Sikaran that feel like talking about it

if the forum stays any silhouette of a person kicking would do to indicate the art

12. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Send those sikaran players to a remedial typing class!

13. Sheldon Bedell

lol I'll go back with spell check

14. Jackal2902

Jackal2902 New Member

Sikaran Training Camp

Can anyone tell me how I would be able to find information on the training camps that take place in the jungle. THX

15. el maldito de cebu

el maldito de cebu New Member

I suggest that you visit barras rizal in the philippines the birth place of sikaran where they train with no matts and on teh rice fields land with no foot protection

16. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

This forum has only gotten one post this year, and that was by me asking for posts in this forum. I'm considering closing it down and merging it elsewhere. Comments?

-Arnisador
    -FMAT Admin