Welcome to the Serrada Forum!

Discussion in 'Serrada' started by arnisador, Mar 7, 2007.

1. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Welcome to the Serrada forum! Please help us populate it with posts. Also, please comment on the following:

--Is the name right? Should it be Eskrima Serrada or something instead?
    --What is a good description for this forum (to be displayed under its name on the main page)?

-Arnisador
    -FMAT Admin

2. 408kali

408kali New Member

Serrada is fine. When most folks talk about this system in general (in reference to Cabales Serrada Eskrima as well as derivitives of this system) they generally use the term "Serrada," this includes the Inayan people, I'm certain. As we had discussed earlier, the system is splintered into different groups. There are systems of Serrada also coming out of the P.I. (Philippine Islands) which differ from the Dizon/Cabales system. I for one welcome all systems of Serrada to this forum, we need to instill a strong spirit of brotherhood into these arts!

Imho a good description would be something pertaining to "A forum where practitioners of Cabales Serrada Eskrima and subsequent derivitives as well as anyone else can discuss all things Serrada."

Since we're talking about it, I would like to add that although unfortunately most of the original instructors and students of Serrada have gone their own ways, Serrada in essence is spread worldwide. If we took all of the original instructors and students and formed a unified system, it would undoubtedly be one of the largest, if not THE largest, FMA systems particularly in the U.S., however that is just my opinion.

I am very, very happy to see this forum up and look forward to interacting with you all here!

Peace, ~John

3. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

OK, I tweaked the description to emphasize the relation to Angel Cabales' system. Is this good for everyone, or is it too restrictive?

4. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Any other opions on the description? Does anyone have a small logo picture we could use in the main-level display?

5. nash

nash New Member

[​IMG] Here is a picture of the great Angel Cabales. I couldn't find any logos but I hope this works for you.

6. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I'm experiencing technical difficulties, but I do hope to have that picture up soon!

7. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

Logo has been posted. :)

8. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

Does anyone want to see more details in the forum description?

Right now we are describing it as "A forum for arts related to Angel Cabales' Serrada Eskrima" I'm happy to expand upon that if you all would like.

9. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

We need someone to post some pictures in this forum! Surely someone has Serrada training pics?