Welcome to the Pekiti-Tirsia Forum!

Discussion in 'Pekiti-Tirsia Kali' started by arnisador, Aug 28, 2007.

1. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Welcome to the Pekiti-Tirsia Forum! I want to remind everyone that this forum is for the discussion of Pekiti-Tirsia Kali. Posters in this forum need not be practitioners of the system. Posts both boastful of the art and critical of the art are welcome provided they are made in a polite and professional manner--as one would do if criticizing a colleague at work in a professional setting. This forum is for discussion of the art itself, not for promoting it nor for attacking it or its adherents.

-Arnisador
    -FMAT Admin

2. langgaw

langgaw New Member

If I may start the discussion with questions in a way as to know the history of PTK and for others to chip in informative facts that would encourage friendly discussion. Where did PTK get its name andwhen dis it start. I know most of us already know but just to start off the thread with an idea about PTK. I know PTK is based in the Negros provinces.

3. pekiti-tirsia.net and pekiti-tirsia global web sites

more informations are in the pekiti-tirsia.net or pekti-tirsia global
    texaskali.com,several web sites on pekiti-tirsia

4. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I've merged some posts in this forum, including collecting many of the blog posts that didn't generate discussions into one thread so it'll be easy to find them for reference.

-Arnisador
    -FMAT Admin

5. cannibalcombat

cannibalcombat New Member

Grand Tuhon,

It would be interesting to hear more about the history of your Grandfather and his role in Art. Have their been any major changes or updates with the modern times and application?

6. nready

nready New Member

Hello, Pekiti Tirsia Practitioners

I am interested in this system. Reason the knife use and training in particular, also the way I have seen what they seem to do with open hand.

Here is what I need help in whom are some of the major teachers? I live in the mid-west and am looking for someone that teaches this system. I will travel to learn it.

-nready

7. blindside

blindside student

Willie Williams is in Oklahoma:
    http://www.pt-go.com/training_instructors.asp

The nearest concentration of Pekiti instruction is going to be in the Dallas/Fort Worth area under Tim Waid who is the director of training for the Pekiti Tirsia Global Organization.

Lamont

8. nready

nready New Member

Thank you! I will check into them. May take me some time to get to it though.