Welcome to the Pedoy's Derobio Escrima forum!

Discussion in 'Pedoy's Derobio Escrima' started by arnisador, Sep 6, 2007.

1. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Welcome to the Pedoy's Derobio Escrima forum! This forum is for the discussion of Welcome to the Pedoy and/or Derobio Escrima.

I have a very bland descirption of the forum and art on the main page now. We could use a better one, and perhaps a picture!

2. StixMaster

StixMaster -== Banned ==-

GGM Braulio Pedoy

GGM Pedoy

[​IMG][​IMG]
    This should help a little to put 3 pictures of Braulio T. Pedoy of Derobio Eskrima
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

On the left is GM Tyrone Takahashi of the Pedoy School of Escrima and host of the Pacific Island Showdown, the grandson of Braulio T. Pedoy who brought Derobio Eskrima to Hawaii.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2007
  3. robertlk808

robertlk808 Member

Nice, now lets get some more of the group from Hawaii to post.

4. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

This one should work! Thanks!

5. Mchief

Mchief New Member

Hi Robert
    Yes let your friends know. Derobio people will spread the word in Hawaii to participate in this forum.

6. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

Masterchief Siangco, I have to admit that I did not know anything about Derobio before you joined us here. I have really been enjoying reading about what you have to share, it has been very enlightening. :bow:

Looking forward to reading more, I truly hope we can attract more Derobio practitioners here. :)

7. Mchief

Mchief New Member

GGM Pedoy Pic

This would be a good picture.

8. Mchief

Mchief New Member

Thank You. I will share what I can and I know that others will join in.

9. Mchief

Mchief New Member

intro

We can use the following for now: This forum is dedicated to the memory of Great Grandmaster Braulio T. Pedoy who brought the Art of Derobio Escrima to Hawaii in the early 1920's. He learned this art from his teacher General Faustino Ablen (of the Red Shirt Pulahanes) a rebel leader who fought for freedom for his people on the Island of Leyte. In Hawaii GGM. Pedoy was known by his peers as a warrior and healer.

10. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I put up a slightly edited version:

Great Grandmaster Braulio T. Pedoy brought the Art of Derobio Escrima to Hawaii in the early 1920's. He learned this art from General Faustino Ablen (of the Red Shirt Pulahanes), a local leader who fought for freedom for his people on the Island of Leyte. In Hawaii GGM Pedoy was known as a warrior and healer.

Comments?

I'm still experiencing technical difficulties with the image--please be patient!

-Arnisador
    -FMAT Admin

11. StixMaster

StixMaster -== Banned ==-

Arnisador, I appreciate what you done thus far, look at the response from the other Hawaii FMA schools and practitioners that have posted. FMA is now evolving to this 21st century era, it is again proving its adaptability to whatever it is presented with. This forum is and has been that vehicle for it to be possible. Patience is what developes character and patience is what we Hawaiians have a lot of. Thanx again and Aloha

12. Mchief

Mchief New Member

Intro

Mahalo and aloha
    mchief

13. R23

R23 New Member

Aloha everyone and SALUDO CHIEFS!
    I'm one of the few adult female students training with PSDE in San Diego. The past year has been more than words can express and I am looking forward to a life-long journey in this art.

We train hard and our heart is constantly being tested, which is one of the many things I love about their style of training. I encourage those who are interested to visit the school.
    Hope to meet some of you soon - R23

p.s. - Aloha Chief Lennie!

14. Mchief

Mchief New Member

Intro

No problem. You have great responsibilty on this site. EVerything in its own time and place. Please no rush.
    Aloha

15. Mchief

Mchief New Member

She is the only active female Escrimadora at the school. She is currently a 2nd. Level black shirt. During training she gives no quarter and she takes none. She recieves her share of black and blue's. I am very proud of her for standing toe to toe with the guys. She recieves no special treatment in fact I push her more than the others. FMA is a perfect fit for women.

16. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Welcome! You get to live in San Diego and train in the FMA--a double bonus! San Diego is a favorite city of my family's. We used to visit it often when we lived near L.A.

17. Mchief

Mchief New Member

Correction

18. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

Welcome! So glad to hear that you are enjoying your training. It's wonderful to meet another lady FMAist! :bow:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  19. R23

R23 New Member

Oops! Not quite 2nd level black just yet...just promoted to 1st level black last month. ...Thanks for the words of motivation Master Chief!
    Thank you all for the warm welcome! Yes, living in San Diego is in itself a plus then add training with PSDE bloodline instructors just tops it off!
    Being one of the few females in class is fun and definitely challenging but worth every single minute! I always walk away from class with a feeling of accomplishment.

20. greg808

greg808 PSDE Main Branch

R23,

Are you comming down to the Pacific Island Showdown and competing??