Welcome to the Lightning Scientific Arnis Forum!

Discussion in 'Lightning Scientific Arnis' started by arnisador, Jun 1, 2007.

1. stomevpena

stomevpena New Member

Nols ano balita? Happy New year din

2. LegendLoLo

LegendLoLo New Member

GOOD MORNING. . I haven't asked GM Vic Sanchez about this TOURNAMENT but i will inform you guys if i have a thing or two to say about this

By the way.. here is GM Vic. He is my Trainer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_1vJByaXsU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwZm9I2yZ8o&feature=related Here is a video featuring old pictures

3. shuyun

shuyun New Member

i guess you can call me a bastard son of the style anak sa labas as you'd say it in Filipino.

LSAI/LESKAS is the first style formally taught to me and I loved it's straight forwardness. I've been around the UP Vanguard instructed by Master Jon Escudero sometimes a few instances coached in passing by Master Nathan Dominguez and Master Bot Jocano. This was way back 1999. I ddin't have a lot of contact time. But I've never let go of what they taught. 13 strikes 13 blocks power striking drills on tirework which i later found out from further research was part of the 12 methods.

Since 1999 I trained and retrained what's been taught and studied the LSAI vid made by Master Rico Acosta (I don't know the politics of the group so I hope I didn't do anything bad). Some skill sets are different from what I learned in LESKAS in UP and I read up on why that was so. How all leskas is LSAI but not all LSAI is LESKAS.

Anyhow I've trained sparred with arnisadors of other styles (within the dojo I belong to in Bohol) and the LSAI influence is heavy on me. I love it's speed, straight forwardness and power. A no nonsense fighting philosophy truly, "scientific" is proper as an adjective for this style.

Masters and Lakans of LSAI, I salute you.

4. Shaun

Shaun New Member

Thanks for the introduction and post.Welcome.