Welcome to the Lightning Scientific Arnis Forum!

Discussion in 'Lightning Scientific Arnis' started by arnisador, Jun 1, 2007.

1. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

By request, we've created a forum for LSA. Enjoy!

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

3. 408kali

408kali New Member

Looking forward to learning more about this system. I've always thought the name sounded cool, and I do recall reading an article in FMA Magazine a long time ago about the system. Now I'm off to look for clips on YouTube... :)

4. lightning

lightning New Member

as a practitioner and member of the system,thank you for creating this thread
    and thank you for welcoming us to the FMA talk family.:)

5. armas

armas Junior Member

Lightning Scientific Arnis is an awesome and very effective art. I got the chance to witness Mang Ben in his prime. Did not get to train with him. But at least knew him personally to ask him for his opinions.

There are alot of great players in this system such as Master Jon Escudero, Master Phil Buena, Eric Mejia, Edwin Ybanez, and the Seattle group(sorry forgot their names).

Welcome to FMATalk!

More power!

Alex

6. Shaun

Shaun New Member

Lightning

Hey Alex,
    Where did you meet Mang Ben?
    The Seattle group(I believe)is still going strong.
    Lightning is spreading in the U.S.
    I believe there is a school in S.California and someone teaching in Kansas.

7. chamber

chamber New Member

It is great to know that you have a forum dedicated to Mang Ben's system. Great !! :coolyello

8. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Yes, but we need more content! Please encourage knowledgeable individuals to post!

9. pinoy

pinoy New Member

pinoy from phil

hi there sirs! am just passing by, am pinoy from philippines, a LSAI practitioner :angel:

looking froward to seeing more post from my kuyas here, tnx

10. Shaun

Shaun New Member

Annual Lema Cup

Hi folks.Every year in Manila Ate Patty(Mang Ben's daughter and head of Lightning Scientific Arnis in the Philippines)and all the hard the hard working L.S.A.I. brothers and sisters hold the Lema Cup.This is to honor,remember and commemorate the life and legacy of Grandmaster Benjamin Luna Lema.
    The cup is held on or around Mang Ben's birhday,March 19.
    It is a very special event and a great place to see some excellent Lightning practitioners.

11. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Yes, this forum certainly needs more activity! Please, someone, start some threads!

12. Batongbuhay

Batongbuhay New Member

Hi guys!

yo shaun! it's me , jon! glad to see a forum up on LSAI! whats up in your neck of the woods?

13. Batongbuhay

Batongbuhay New Member

Since we are having a "talk" about lightning... lets start with the name :) care to elaborate shaun?

14. Shaun

Shaun New Member

Batongbuhay,Mabuhay

Hey Jon,
    Could you introduce yourself so other forum users can get to know you?

15. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

That'd be great! We'd love to see more discussion here.

Yes, please post in our Meet & Greet forum!

16. Batongbuhay

Batongbuhay New Member

Hi guys! I'm Jon, of LSAI in the Philippines. Its great to know that people are interested to learn about Lightning Arnis and the Filipino Martial arts in general. Just shoot me and Shaun your questions about things you might want to know about Lightning and we'll try our best to answer your questions.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2007
  17. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Junior Member

18. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Junior Member

may i request that we have GM Ben Lema's picture up in the Filipino Martial Arts Style Index too?

19. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

We have that picture now but are experiencing technical difficulties with uploading things to be posted there right now. We do plan on putting it up.

-Arnisador
    -FMAT Admin

20. Shaun

Shaun New Member

Master Elmer Ybanez

In memory of Master Elmer A.Ybanez,friend,Lightning Scientific Arnis Master,
    excellent practitioner and ambassador for the Filipino martial arts.
    Goodbye Elmer.Hangang sa muli.