Welcome to the Kali Ilustrisimo Forum!

Discussion in 'Kali Ilustrisimo' started by arnisador, Oct 6, 2007.

1. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Welcome to the Kali Ilustrisimo forum! Please feel free to contribute regarding this art.

2. Perry Gamsby

Perry Gamsby New Member

I had the honour of meeting Tatang Illustrisimo in 1994 in Muntinlupa at the WEKAF tournament. He was quite old and frail then but still had a sparkle in his eye and of course, much respected by all present. I beleive he came from Bantayan Island which is next to where my wife comes from (DaanBantayan, Cebu).

I wonder if any KI people could tell me about the name. I was led to believe the original name was Kalis Illustrisimo, meaning the Illustrisimo way of using the Kalis, or sword/blade. I have searched for Kali in several languages and dialects (my wife speaks a couple herself) and have found nothing. I did read that Mr Inosanto and I think Mr Gaje coined the term and it has taken off from there, which sounds plausible. I know when I travelled all over the islands (I was a travel editor with EZ Maps for a while) and over the past 20 or so years I have never come across the word Kali in the name of a style unless it has a connection to a US based group.

As part of my ongoing personal research into FMA and this term for one thing I would appreciate any clarification or opinion from KI people or anyone. Salamat, Perry

3. Twist

Twist Junior Member

Mang Tony and the Manila-Group call it "Kalis Ilustrisimo". I think the term Kali is used by the Bakbakan-Group - Mang Topher, Rey Galang, ... = the American/American influenced Groups.

4. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

What can we do to get more posts in here?

5. Twist

Twist Junior Member

Not much I guess.. there's only a few who actually had any KI training and most of them prefer to stay more private.. unlike modern arnis or doce pares with thousands of players...

6. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Yes, it's a well-known and well-respected system but with relatively few practitioners who teach the art (as opposed to having melded it with something else).

7. azman

azman New Member

where i can find a training school of kali ilustrisimo here in manila?thank you

8. Deep Fat Friar

Deep Fat Friar New Member

Iirc, Tony Diego is in the Tondo area.

9. Raul

Raul Mananandata

Go to Luneta (Rizal Park), there you can find the kalis and bahad groups training every sunday morning as well as the other elders and instructors who might be able to help you. You can also get directions how to go to the bakbakan headquarter.

10. eome

eome Junior Member

Luneta is the traditional meeting place of the Ilustrisimos. visit the place.

11. azman

azman New Member

thank you for the reply...very much appreciated

12. Datu AbdulJakul Salsalani

Datu AbdulJakul Salsalani -== Banned ==-

Hi All! My name is Datu Abdul Jakul Salsalani of Los Angeles, California and I am the one and only true representative of Filipino Underground Consolidated Kali.

My favorite Arnis is the Ilustrisimo style and I look forward to many great discussions with you on this wonderful art.

13. JohnJ

JohnJ Senior Member

PM me if you wish cause I know someone else who goes by the same title.

14. Twist

Twist Junior Member

Hmm.. I dont get it?

15. Datu AbdulJakul Salsalani

Twist, your not need for get it. Just your hope it does not get it to you!

16. Datu AbdulJakul Salsalani

You must mean be refer to Abdul Jakol.. I am his evil twins Abdul Jakul...

17. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

We're certainly happy to have more KI practitioners here!

-Arnisador
    -FMAT Admin

18. JohnJ

JohnJ Senior Member

OK...to the evil twin, can you enlighten all of us on what exactly Underground Consolidated Kali is?

19. Datu AbdulJakul Salsalani

Double Thank You for your interest in my styles of the Arnis!

The Filipino Underground Consolidated Kali is a good one for everyone because the

1. 'Filipino' is because I am Pilipino and am drived by the same methodologies as in the time of Richard the Lion Hearted to the Inquisition Period to the Civil War in the US and the Spanish revolution in the Philippines!

2. 'Underground' is for the technoogy of the indigineous combat blades that shall forge our higher strata of methodology that will provides the delivery systems that shall put your opponent under the ground! Using the technicala of this technology will make his gone!

3. 'Consolidated' is a referral of how the kali will move to the new spectrum of training that will separate the men from the boys. And hence rewarded for becoming a man is the solidifying of your training that will permit the expounding transformation into the warrior!

4. 'Kali' is representatives of the dog of Collie as we are in this system like the pit bulls of ideological warfare and the culture of trainings for discipline!

And I have the solely been the one and only responsible for combining this four elements into the cohesive, comprehensive hole of Filipino Underground Consolidated Kali!!!

Salamat
    Datu Abdul Jakul Salsalani

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  20. oosh

oosh Junior Member

*YAWN* go fish somewhere else :p