Welcome to the Dekiti Tirsia Siradas Forum!

Discussion in 'Dekiti Tirsia Siradas' started by arnisador, Jul 10, 2007.

1. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

This forum is for the discussion of Dekiti Tirsia Siradas. Enjoy!

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

3. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

This was suggested as a description for the forum:

The combat system of DEKITI-TIRSIA-SIRADAS, close quarter in fighting method is a combination of higher techniques of Kali. Dekiti-Tirsia-Siradas System puts a tremendous emphasis on the importance of foot work, the theories of strategic defense, offense and counter offense have been tested and proven effective and accurate combat situations, the system is complete in every detail, techniques from empty hands, foot fighting, body mechanics, and weaponry as well.

Any comments?

4. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

I think the description should be kept to mechanical descriptives of the style. Adding superlatives such as "complete in every detail" or "proven" gets away from a description and in to editorializing. Bad idea on its own...worse if it spreads to the other sections.

5. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Is this better?

6. Carol

Founded by Grand Tuhon Jerson "Nene" Tortal, Dekiti Tirsia Siradas is a Kali fighting system specializing in Close Quarter Combat techniques. The system encompasses empty-hand techniques, foot-fighting, and weaponry with a strong emphasis on proper footwork and body mechanics.

7. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I'm pleased to say that we have a defn. direct from the source ("Nene" Tortal, via Mike Snow):

We would need to shorten it for the description of the forum, however.

8. franci1911

franci1911 Member

Who is to prove that Dekiti-Tirsia is a Tortals family system

Before anyone talks about Dekiti-Tirsia as a Tortals family system he should first find out and research carefully because the one that supplied the information although he is Tortal but he is lying all about the history of Dekiti-Tirsia.

I am more familiar about Pekiti-Tirsia than anyone else since I was with Grandrtuhon Gaje in New York City since the early 70's and all the days of Pekiti-Tirsia. I know his family and all the lineage from A to Z. I know this Nene Tortal as he appeared in many pictures wtih Grandtuhon accepting Pekiti-Tirsia as it appeared in the boof of Sulite Arnis Master. In all history of Pekiti-Tirsia, Balbino Tortal, the brother of Grandtuhons father Conrado B. Tortal was Pekiti-Tirsia.

The truth must not be distorted because this destroys the true culture of the Pilipino . If anyone accepts the lying of Jerson Tortal that Dekiti-Tirsia is a Tortal system then he is the conspirator of this lying habit. You must examine religiously before you accept any materials people may give you. I don't how are you related to this Nene Tortal , he may promote you as a Tuhon or title , I hope you are not but be sure that you check your writings about this.

We, in the Pekiti-Tirsia will declare unpleasant events that will not be good. We will fight for the right and whatever happens we will not tolerate this falsehoods of informations. We don't want that the FMA Talk will be the material of falsehood. We fight for it and we wiil defend the truth.

I am not alone in the condemnation of this cheating claim but the entire Pekiti-tirsia family .

How does this Nene Tortal become a Tuhon when he is not considered in the family of Pekiti-Tirsia. He is just manufacturing titles of his own to claim credits of Pekiti-Tirsia.

You can talk anything about something but don't match Dekiti-Tirsia with Pekiti-Tirsia.

We know for a fact that if this Nene Tortal will use another title wiithout using terms in Pekiti-Tirsia he has no system.

My questions are: Would you learn something that is stolen? Would you wear a stolen watch? Or would you eat food that is stolen?

Answer me, will you.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  9. 916kali

916kali New Member

Hello All,

I'm a beginner in Pekiti-Tirsia Kali under Guro Michael Franciotti. I don't know anyone in the Dekiti-Tirsia circle, but I do know Guro Michael and just recently had met Tuhan Gaje. I know Guro Michael to be a man of honor who tells it as it is and from my brief encounter with Tuhan Gaje I believe him to be a man of great integrity; so I support these two men and the True Tortal Family system Pekiti-Tirsia Kali. If Dekiti-Tirsia is the real Tortal system why wait till now to say it is? Why not dispute the claim when Tuhan started teaching PTK to the public back in the 70's. Why was Nene Tortal a PTK instructor then separated to start DTK? If anyone was spreading lies about my family I would confront them right away and set the record straight to everyone instead of waiting a few decades. I also would'nt be teaching a family art if I knew it not to be the real thing. If I'm wrong on any of these accounts please let me know.

GOD Bless,
    Ron O

10. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Admin. Note.

We have a Pekiti-Tirsia forum in which we allow some fairly boastful comments on that art. We now have a Dekiti Tirsia Siradas forum in which we will allow those interested in that art to state their side.

Everyone is welcome to debate the history of, and differences between, these arts respectfully and professionally in either forum, or in the General forum. Insults and aspersions, however, are unacceptable.

Please remember that I am a Modern Arnis practitioner and cannot possibly know enough about the facts to settle claims between these factions. I have no intention of taking either side because I don't know who is right. Please discuss disagreements here as you would at work. Offending posts will generally be deleted. It is crucial that the site remain warm and welcoming to all, and not a battleground.

-Arnisador
    -FMAT Admin

11. Matt Lim

Matt Lim New Member

when was dekiti tirsia founded?

12. truth_be_told

truth_be_told -== Banned ==-

RE: Recent facts Enquiries

hi,

3 questions

1) Tuhon Leo Gaje is not a Tortal ?
    Didn't carry the surname as father is not Tortal ? :Eyecrazy:

"My mother is Tortal and my grandfather was the head of the Tortal family. I will not allow and tolerate dragging the name of Tortal to lying and falsehood."
    quoted Tuhon Leo Gaje

probably thats why rommel tortal need to be in picture. no ?

2) Rommel Tortal never learnt from Jerson Tortal ?

If yes, then how can Rommel know bout Dekiti Tirsia history else what is the point of asking? :schild30:

if no, then isnt this another 'fallout' case? :toilet:

3) Don't the Tortal lives in the same residence / vicinity ?
    So how come the 'anywhere, anytime, anyhow' disputes / challenge Not even settled in your own settlement / domain in the past or ever in history?

Bit silly to see such statement made on cyberspace when u folks know where each other stays. No ? :rofl:

Salamat

13. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Admin. Note.

I've removed a post.

It's essential that all sides make their respective cases without being insulting to others, or to the staff. By all means disagree and debate, but please do so in a professional manner.

-Arnisador
    -FMAT Admin

14. franci1911

franci1911 Member

Recent Fact Quest Truth can Never Be Told

First of all it seems that Truth Be Told can insult Grand Tuhon on Several occassions and get away with it. Is he related to one of the moderators?

As far as the family name Grand Tuhon Gaje is a direct descendant of Condrado Tortals from his mothers side, which gives him the right to talk as a Tortal. The Family system of Pekiti Tirsia Kali was betowed to directly from his Grandfather. Truth Be Told do you not except both sides of your family? There is a word for people that beleive that.

Grand Tuhon Gaje has posted the truth and his post was deleted.

Truth be told says don't feed the trolls. That is as good as calling Grand Tuhon Gaje a Troll. Where is the respect in that.

Your comments Truth Be told are not fact based. They are handed down 3rd or 4th removed.

As for Rommel Tortal not training with Jerson. The fact is if Dekiti was the true family system don't you think he would be training with Jerson? Since he is not that should sound volumes to all you disbelievers.

I think that the FMATalk board should validate those styles and systems that are on this forum before allowing them to be shown as legitimate.

Dekiti Tirsia is not the Tortal Family System.

15. Carol

Thread Locked Pending Review

Two admin warnings were made to keep the discussion respectful. These warnings were not followed.

- Carol Kaur -
    - FMAT Supermod -

16. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Admin. Note.

We simply don't have the ability to do that, even if everyone could agree on what a 'legitimate' art is in this context. If my instructor--the head of our organization--said another Modern Arnis instructor was not legitimate, how would you decide the matter? Can't you see that we don't have the knowledge or the means to investigate disputes such as this?

Everyone is welcome to discuss this point, but it has to be in a respectful manner. You're right that many posts here are over the edge and I've only removed one. We really hate to remove posts but we must maintain a civil, welcoming board for all FMA practitioners.

-Arnisador
    -FMAT Admin