Weapons Site: www.traditionalfilipinoweapons.com

Discussion in 'Gear Talk!' started by arnisador, Jun 3, 2007.

1. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

2. Combative Edge

Combative Edge New Member

Ron is a good friend of mine and I can tell you that his products are second to none. His blades come directly from the Philippines made by some tribe that has been making them for years. The quality of these blades are incredible, and his sticks are also great.

Check out Ron's schools site PSDTC.com for some info on him.

3. Dagadiablo

Dagadiablo New Member

Will Ron be able to come down to GT Gaje's event at Valley Forge? I am very inerested in buying 1 or 2 (and, if they are nice, much more) but would like to see and feel them 1st. Thanks.

4. Combative Edge

Combative Edge New Member

Hey Pat, Ron won't be able to make it down cause his son is fighting that weekend. Some of his guys will be coming though, and I told him to have them bring some blades.

5. Dagadiablo

Dagadiablo New Member

Thanks Ron, the website/YouTube show some pretty sweet blades...I also trust your opinion--I look forward to seeing them myself at GT Gaje's Valley Forge event! I hope your having fun down in Texas!

Mabuhay!

Pat

6. ScorpioVI

ScorpioVI New Member

I've been eyeballing the site for a while. Finally decided to pick up the Panabas since it's been singing to me. Got it in the mail last Friday and been making it's acquaintance since. So far, I love it! Great largo-range blade.

Pictured next to my Emerson CQC-11 for scale...

[​IMG]

7. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Wow, looks great! How heavy is the blade--it looks pretty thick.

8. ScorpioVI

ScorpioVI New Member

I don't have a scale accurate enough to measure to the ounces so I don't know. I do have a 36oz barong that feels heavier than the panabas. The panabas in contrast is very well-balanced, and light enough to be wielded one-handed (hand on the rattan grip).

9. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

One-handed? OK, that's really what I wanted to know!

10. Ron Kosakowski

Ron Kosakowski New Member

Hey thanx for the plug on my weapons there folks! Actually, the Panabas can be used with one hand or two hands, depending on the situation. Muti-man situations, you will see that thing weilded in full force with two hands when surrounded. In ancient times, it was also used in combination with a shield so it had to be obviously held with one hand. It is a very well balanced blade so either way, it feels very powerful and ready to do its deadly dead!

Ron Kosakowski
    Practical Self Defense Training Center
    847 Hamilton Ave (Rt 69).
    Waterbury, CT 06706
    203-596-9073
    info@psdtc.com
    http://www.psdtc.com
    http://www.TraditionalFilipinoWeapons.com</B>

11. khd29

khd29 New Member

I just got my Pakals from Ron yesterday and the quality of these knives are very high. I love the grip and the weight. I ordered another today. They also have excellent service.

Thanks, Ron!

12. mikesf

mikesf New Member

Very high quality. I purchased the Ginunting and love it. Nice thick blade - made to really chop, not for show.

Mike

13. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Good to hear, but please, give us a more complete review!

14. Ron Kosakowski

I will have a video out soon on the cutting up of all kinds of stuff. Iwill be stabbing cars, cutting thick branches, etc. I just want everyone to see that what I have here are the best you can buy right now. The forging is perfectly engineered where the edge will hold up yet the body of the blade is pliable just enough not to break. The tribe that is making these weapons know what they are doing. They have been making weapons within their family for a few hundred years going back to when they really needed them most.
    Oh, I might add that these are NOT spring steel like you see others are made of. I pay extra to have a very high quality steel delivered to this tribe. It is steel that cannot be found in the Philippines.

For 2008, there will be various types of spears and shields and many other weapons added to the collection. If you like to collect FMA weapons, and most of you on here do, you now have a place that will guarantee quality.

I want to thank you all who are plugging the Traditional Filipino Weapons website. Its cool to see many of you who bought weapons from me are on this forum. Great job on this forum by the way!

Ron Kosakowski
    Practical Self Defense Training Center
    847 Hamilton Ave (Rt 69).
    Waterbury, CT 06706
    203-596-9073
    info@psdtc.com
    http://www.psdtc.com
    http://www.TraditionalFilipinoWeapons.com
    </B>

15. rshawtx

rshawtx New Member

traditionalfilipinoweapons

I just got my ginunting over Christmas. I am still speechless! The weight is great. The workmanship is exquisite. The handle is smooth hardwood and has a solid tang. The scabbard alone is a work of art and a functional tool as well as it is made of wood... not cheap leather or leatherette.

It is not a display weapon but one that is really meant for utility. You know how you'd spend several hundred dollars to get a Japanese katana that would be great for display but wouldn't survive a single swing. That is not the case here. You'd have to spend into the thousands to get a Japanese sword you can actually use. Not so with Ron's items. You can take these bad boys into the bush.

Growing up in the Philippines, I was looking for a retailer here in the US that offered functional and authentic weapons and I have found it in Ron K's weapons. In fact, I am saving up for an Espada y Daga set.

I personally know the guy who made and designed these tools in the Philippines and the guy knows his metallurgy *and* Philippine history.

16. Ron Kosakowski

Thank you for the kind words and I am glad you are happy with your sword.

Pretty soon, we will be adding a blade testing video as I said before. But this additive of us shotting one of the swords to prove how tuff they are is going to top most everything else we do. I will let you all know when all this is done. Thanx for all your support!

17. khd29

khd29 New Member

Ron-

I am thinking about giving pakals and punyals to my groomsmen as gifts. Any chance have some engraved?

18. Ron Kosakowski

Usually the local malls have a place to do that. I never had it done personally. I would suggest when you get them, bring them to your local jewler or anywhere that has engraving. Let me know and I will get them right out to you.

Nice gift idea!

19. KaliJuan

KaliJuan New Member

Hi Ron, thank you for posting on here I saw your catalog and am VERY IMPRESSED, a buddy of mine from Dallas ordered me a Hagibis as a gift so I am definitely looking forward to having this awesome knife . . .

Take Care :)

- J

20. KaliJuan

KaliJuan New Member

Got my Hagibis today and it ROCKS!!!!!!!!!

Balanced, Sharp, has a Command Presence to it :)

I will be buying more blades from here for sure!!!

- J