Weapon disarming query

Discussion in 'Kali Ilustrisimo' started by RETIRADA, Feb 16, 2009.

1. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

I would like to ask all our fellow KI practitioners on how they train weapon disarming aside from direct hitting the attackers weapon holding hand.

Any training tips, concepts, strategies will be appreciated.

Salamat.

Louie

2. Hi Retrida,

For us in "Bahad Zubu" we don't train dis-arms as such. The disarms we employ all come from our basics - especially the "kappa" landing of your live hand on the weapon hand. By perfecting the basic "landing" of the live hand you are also perfecting your dis-arms.

We also use the the torque of the body to dis-arm rather than two hands. When I first met Master Yuli he disarmed a double sided knife using his chest. I was impressed to say the least! Here is a video of some disarms you may have seen but is relevant to the topic at hand.

Simon.

[yt]KR-3QEDDijc[/yt]

EDIT:

Still can't get the hang of embedding the youtube vids.

Here is the direct link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR-3QEDDijc

3. Raul

Raul Mananandata

First, show basic forms of disarms.
    Second, demonstrate these disarms as they relate to various contradas and where they can fit, e.g. beginning, within, end.
    Third, practice disarms in preset contra por contra drills. Afterwards, make it freestyle.
    Fourth, go back to first, this time show the basic reversals to disarms. Go through the same steps with counters to disarms as main theme. A good start would be weapon retention methods.
    Emphasize proper mechanics. Don't use force and refrain from grappling. The other guy should be disarmed before he realizes it.

4. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

Disarms are simple when they are given during training. The problem occurs when one is being pressed in combat where life and limb are now at stake. To know them is one thing to be able to have the hutzpa to try one when that stick is moving mach 3 and the blade at 4 is a different story. My advise....hit ..cut...and move...smash the ****e out him and then when he is damn near dead disarm him. Even better...if he pulls a knife or a club...pull a gun if your able if not get the hell out of dodge and ambush him at a later date. Those my friends are true disarms...combat isn't a duel and to think otherwise will throw you so far behind the 8 ball you may never recover.

When you feel the crap about to hit the fan..go ugly, go early and WIN!.....

5. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Hey Mike you and I see disarms exactly the same way! [​IMG]

6. oosh

oosh Junior Member

"The other guy should be disarmed before he realizes it."

Good point

7. silat1

silat1 Active Member

The way I disarm is shown this way.. Firsta I hit dis arm and then I hit dis arm and follow up to da head to end the fight

8. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I don't get why that didn't work!

9. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

Thanks to all who replied about my query on 'disarming'.

Take care all.

Louie

10. Raul

Raul Mananandata

I don't get why I'm laughing, son!