Warning: Knives Can Be Bought on the Internet!

Discussion in 'Misc. Knife Arts' started by arnisador, May 16, 2008.

1. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Seen on MT:
    Weapon of choice: Frightening array of blades available in stores, over Internet

Who knew?

2. Imua Kuntao

Imua Kuntao New Member

Not to mention yard sales and flea markets. Oh wow, I just realized, I SELL KNIVES!!!

3. KaliGman

KaliGman Professional Man at Arms

Eeeeeek!

I feel so evil now. I just received a big box from Spyderco--about 15 Spyderco live blades I ordered for my students! The horror! They are now all going to turn into evil flesh slicing zombies.:sword2:

4. Shaun

Shaun New Member

Guys,you should be ashamed of yourselves,ha,ha.

Oh yeah we have 'the right to bear arms',or does this only apply to the villans?

5. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Well, in the U.K. they have severely restricted the right to carry a knife. They just passed another measure regarding this recently.

6. silat1

silat1 Active Member

Hey, If it wasn't for the filipino and indonesian martial arts practitioners, most of these companies would be selling uniforms to ballet dancers. Plus look at it on a broader view, we are supporting home enterprises along with keeping people employed and off of food stamps..

Damn, I love free enterprise and the american dream of being able to sell to customers and not have to pay taxes to the state or city.

7. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Toronto Restricts Guns and Sees Knife Crime Increase.

Seen on MT:

On the knife's edge

As Toronto cops crack down on guns, thugs turn to their weapon of second choice

8. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Easy availability of knives? It's worse than we thought:

Attached Files:

9. Bobbe

Bobbe Member

Zombies are the most misunderstood of FMA practitioners, and this is just another example of the common "Zombie Discrimination" that is prevailing in this country. It just makes me sick how you people carry on with your lives as if Zombies don't matter. Is it any wonder why they've taken to brain eating? It's your own damn fault, if you ask me.

As late as the 1950's, Zombies were revered for their fighting tactics and knife use...
    SIKE!!

Jeeze, even I can't carry on a diatribe that long!

Hope nobody took offense to my little joke!

10. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Hey, if you wrote it, I'd read it!

11. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Knuckle Knives!

You don't see these so often any more! Eh, the last one is of questionable utility. Seen on Amazon.com:

Attached Files:

12. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Saw this double folding knife on the Internet (Amazon). Eh, you can keep it:

Attached Files:

13. Brock

Brock Asha'man

Yeah, I've seen it on Bud K for pretty cheap. I've thought about buying it to hang on my wall as a conversation piece. I think there are a couple other designs out there. Seems I remember a eagle scene and maybe a wolf scene as well.

14. JoeBrandt

JoeBrandt Member

Also in Germany... :cry:

15. Brock

Brock Asha'man

The other night at class we were debating our law that says that you may carry a blade, but it has to be under 4 inches. Now I don't know about you, but I'd rather see the guy with the Dundee bowie strapped to his leg and know that I probably don't want to be anywhere near him when crap goes down, than not see the 2-3 inch one that is hidden in a guy's pocket. They both can make me just as dead, but in my opinion I have a better chance against the big knife.

16. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Under 4" is a pretty common law, isn't it? That's why folders are so often made with, say, 3 7/8" blades?

17. Brock

Brock Asha'man

Yep, seems to be a standard of sorts.