Wana-be Anisador from Kansas, Hi.....

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by Brother John, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Brother John

Brother John New Member

Hi everyone.
    My name is John, and I'm not IN a PMA system, though I'm pretty familiar with them and know some fundamentals (But I'm not yet up on the terminology really: With YOUR help, I'll get there). That's why I said "Wana-be". I'm here to learn more about it.

Good to be here.
    Thanks for the Invite....Arnisador.

Your Brother
    John

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Glad to have you here! Are you anywhere near Andrew Evans in Topeka?

3. Brother John

Brother John New Member

Hello Sir...
    No sir. I'm a good hour - maybe hour and a half - drive from Mr. Evans. I've never had the pleasure, but I think I've exchanged PM's with him over on MT some a year or two ago. I've heard great things about him. Undoubtedly a good person to network with in the future from what I know.

There IS a very reputable Kombatan school near me that I'm thinking about looking into:
    http://www.k2kombatan.com/

Please, feel free to let me know what you think.

Thank you

Your Brother
    John

4. magnumS

magnumS Junior Member

Hello Brother John,

Are you by any chance near Lawrence, KS? We can meet if you want. I'm with the Lightning Scientific Arnis and LESKAS style. I hope we can meet. Thanks.

Pugay!
    Ferdz

5. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

6. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I don't know the school, but Kombatan is a good system and nothing at the web site raises any concerns. Check it out!

7. Brother John

Brother John New Member

Not currently accepting new students at this time.....

shoot...

I'll keep on looking.
    ....I'm not a real big fan of "Distance-Learning" or correspondence work, but I'll not rule it out if it's affordable and reputable. Any options there?

MagnumS:
    I'd love to study with you sir, I'd jump at the opportunity! But I'm afraid my budget is almost as tight as my schedule. (Family man with Young children at home) Traveling from Wichita to Lawrence, I'm afraid, isn't an option for me right now...
    until I win the lottery.
    ;)

Your Brother
    John

8. Guru Jim

Guru Jim New Member

Malay Fighting Arts Academy... I teach both Silat and Kali. Check out the web site.