Walt Disney to buy Marvel Comics!

Discussion in 'The Den' started by arnisador, Aug 31, 2009.

1. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Disney to buy comic book powerhouse Marvel for $4B

Ugh! I don't want to see the Disney-fied versions of some of the grittier characters.

2. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

Just think of the possibilities. Frank "The Punisher" Castle could be befriended by a toy astronaut and a sad-eyed robot and turn his life around.

Or. Not.

(Aiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

3. citom

citom New Member

Well, the Punisher has already met Archie and the rest of the Riverdale gang (Archie survived, unfortunately..).. why not have him "meet" Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers as well?
    [​IMG]

4. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Actually where I think you will see the difference is in the adds. (Disney everything)

5. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Ouch, that's probably right. A big ad for High School Musical 4 in The Punisher vs. Werewolf by Night.

6. sjansen

sjansen New Member

It's a done deal so we'll have to deal with it.

7. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Sigh...I suppose you're right.

8. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

Disney and Marvel...hmmmm.......Yikes! A wicked thought of a bambi vs. deadpool montage jut popped into my head...lol...

9. sukotsuto

sukotsuto New Member

You all do know that Disney also owns Miramax... and Miramax has such movies like Pulp Fiction.

By keeping the properties intact and unaltered by Disney, it's just a move for the sake of business and profits. Oh and remember: Pixar + Marvel? You'll probably see 3D CG movies of the likes of X-Men and many other Marvel properties.

10. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Well, I hope you're right! It is true about the movies.