Visayan Athletic Club

Discussion in 'Balintawak' started by neojake73, Apr 2, 2007.

1. neojake73

neojake73 New Member

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Cool! It's very clearly Balintawak.

3. 408kali

408kali Member

4. neojake73

neojake73 New Member

Thank-you, glad you enjoyed it.

5. Hurdoc

Hurdoc New Member

This is an old post but I was curious what this club and Robert Cinco were like? I am looking to join FMA in Toronto and have been to the website http://www.vacmartialarts.com/.
    I don't know anything about FMA, and I don't mean to offend anyone, but what is Robert's skill level? I would like to learn good FMA for many years and am looking for a master who can train me all the way. I hope that doesn't sound too presumptuous.

6. Sheldon Bedell

Sheldon Bedell New Member

sorry I am unable to answere your questions but I wanted to say welcome to the forum and best wishes in finding an instructor that you will stay with a long time

7. medic

medic Junior Member

Email them off the website or give them a call, they are very good about returning inqueries.

8. neojake73

neojake73 New Member

Hello Hurdoc,

Thank you for your inquiry. I'm sorry, I haven't been to this site in quite some time. I also haven't been able to train with Robert in quite some time due to some personal matters. My personal opinion of Robert as a teacher is, he is excellent. He is a direct student of one of Grand Master Bacon's elite students. He is extremely patient and his teaching method is easy to follow. He is humble and generous. He understands the science of Bakintawak and stresses it's theories. He has a broad and extensive range of FMA knowledge from single stick to empty hands to knife defense to Tat Kun Tao that extends back many years. He has much to teach and is willing to teach those who are responsible with this deadly art. Believe me when I say he doesn't just teach anyone. He will assess your character without asking you any questions. That is to say if your lucky enough to get a spot in one of his small personal classes. When I am able to rejoin his elite class I will do so immediately. Balintawak is methodical and rythmic. It's in-fighting style of continuous counter attacks throws many other styles off balance. Whether you learn this style from Robert or from another source around the GTA, you will be greatly satisfied with its effectiveness.

Good Luck to you!!