Video Prof. Presas and Grandmaster Pallen

Discussion in 'Modern Arnis' started by Brock, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Brock

Brock Asha'man

2. Brock

Brock Asha'man

3. 5tirosCamarin

5tirosCamarin Katulong Guro

I thought about posting the interview with Grandmaster Pallen concerning Modern Arnis's origins in the US, but I thought that might start some fights.

4. Brock

Brock Asha'man

I skipped it for that reason too. It's too easy for someone to take what he says out of context.

5. Dan Anderson

Dan Anderson Member

Heck Boys,

Let me start. max was an established kajukenbo fighter out of the Oakland, California area in the 1970's. For those of you who do not sport as big a balding spot as I do, in the Oakland kajukenbo group, even the weenies were tough. Max went to the PI and trained with Prof. Presas before RP's final trip over here. When RP came to the states in 1975, Max was one of the guys he hooked up with.

Take it away, guys!

Yours,
    Dan Anderson

PS - I'm always interested in history. :)

6. Brock

Brock Asha'man

GM Pallen helped to bring GM Remy here. GM Remy also stayed at his house during that time.

7. johnzag

johnzag Junior Member

Great footage.. A peak back at the history of Modern Arnis in the States.. Great Stuff

8. Haku

Haku New Member

That is great video. It shows true Modern Arnis when it was Arnis oriented still.
    In the end he was touring with Small Circle Jujitsu so much that his Modern Arnis should have been called Small Circle Arnis Jujitsu.

9. 5tirosCamarin

5tirosCamarin Katulong Guro

GM does like his Small Circle Jujitsu, for sure. It hurts, eh Brock?

10. Brock

Brock Asha'man

I believe Haku was referring to GM Presas.

GM Pallen does a little Small Circle but not so much as GM Remy did. From what I've seen Prof Remy co-headlined alot of seminars with Prof Jay, so there's alot of cross-over.

11. Brock

Brock Asha'man

And yes, the little bit of Small Circle that GM Pallen does do hurts...