Van Harn trainer...

Discussion in 'Gear Talk!' started by billc, Aug 7, 2012.

1. billc

billc New Member

I was at the Pacific Island Gathering last weekend and I picked up a ginunting trainer that I ordered from Steve Van Harn. I have to say, it is excellent. The length is slightly longer, by several inches from almost all the other trainers out there, and the custom made handle and guard are really, really nice. I plan on ordering at least one more myself, and if you like FMA training blades, you might want to look him up. His trainers are great.

2. blindside

blindside student

Pics? Website?

3. billc

billc New Member

Here is a link to his trainers, the ginunting sample is on page two of the link. It isn't the one that I purchased, but it is how it looks. It was nice too that I was actually able to meet him at the various Gatherings, instead of just over the phone or through a website.
    this is page 2...

http://s795.photobucket.com/albums/yy233/navadisha/trainers/#!cpZZ2QQtppZZ24

and a picture of the ginunting style he made for me...

http://s795.photobucket.com/albums/yy233/navadisha/trainers/?action=view&current=DSC04232.jpg

4. Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman FMA Talk Founder Supporting Member

Nice.

5. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Very cool!

6. odalisay

odalisay Member

Contact info?

7. billc

billc New Member

I don't have one of his cards, I lost the last one I had, if you want to contact him try pm.ing Navadisha, and he should be able to help you get in touch with Mr. Van Harn. I hope that helps.

8. Navadisha

Navadisha New Member

Thanks for the kind words Bill!
    I started out making these for myself and eventually for friends as they wanted something custom to match their live blades.
    I make each by hand to order usually. Mass production seems to take the live feel out of trainers. Rushing invariably causes similar issues. Hence I don't stump for orders much as I like to turn out good pieces.

If you see something intersting, PM me and we can discuss. Some items are quick to make and some can take considerable time to get right.