US Team Trials February 7, 2009

Discussion in 'Tournaments' started by James Miller, Nov 24, 2008.

1. James Miller

James Miller Member Supporting Member

Attached Files:

2. el maldito de cebu

el maldito de cebu New Member

how about the unarmed sir? isnt' it also featured?

3. yomitche

yomitche New Member

Sorry to point this out... would like to compete in this is all, but...

the posting notes that the event is on Feb 7 and the attachment notes 18 Oct, which is the correct date for the event?

Thanks!

4. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

The USA team trials are on Feb 7. These are the trials for the competition that is going to be on Oct. 18 :)

5. Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman FMA Talk Founder Supporting Member

The sites are currently being updated. Here is the info:

October 17 & 18, 2009 is the Buffalo Martial Arts & Fitness Expo. This will be a trade show for the martial arts industry. At the Expo, there will be seminars and two sep
    arate tournaments. Saturday October 17, 2009 will feature the Queen City Laban Laro. This tournament is open to ALL competitors. At the moment it features 170 divisions.
    The divisions will include:

• Point Stick Fighting
    • Continuous Stick Fighting
    • Team Stick Fighting
    • Point Sport "Karate" Fighting
    • Grappling - Gi
    • Grappling - No Gi
    • Weapon Forms
    • Open Hand Forms
    • Musical Forms
    • Self Defense
    • Breaking
    On Sunday the 18th we will be running the Can-Am Border Battle.This is a international team competition.
    The divisions for this event are:

• Point Stick Fighting
    • Point Sport "Karate" Fighting
    • Open Hand Forms
    • Weapon Forms
    To compete in this event, you must be on a team! The trials for team USA will be at the WMAA Headquarters (Horizon Martial Arts) on February 7, 2009. I hope this clears things up. Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions.

Phone 716-675-0899
    E-mail: admin@horizonma.com

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2008
  6. yomitche

yomitche New Member

Quick question about the Trials next weekend...

For the stick sparring and weapons form uniform requirement, I note that the rules for the Can/Am Border Battle requires a traditional Karate uniform. Does that hold true also for the Trials?

The club I train at usually does not train in or wear Karate uniforms. We tend to train in appropriate, matching athletic pants and school identifying t-shirt without a rank identifying belt. Is this allowed in this competition? I haven't even been awarded a belt, so I'm not sure what to wear.

Just want to find out in advance so I'm not turned away at the door for any improper uniform stuff.

Thanks!

7. Datu Tim Hartman

Don't worry about it. Wear what you would normally wear. Looking forward to seeing you at the trials.

8. yomitche

yomitche New Member

To Datu Hartman and the friends and family of Horizon Martial Arts, thank you for the hospitality, professionalism, and spirited competition during the Team Trials! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

9. MarkJason

MarkJason New Member

Interested to Participate

Hi,

I would also like to participate from US next time when it opens.

10. Datu Tim Hartman

The next Border Battle will be in October of 2011. The team trials will be late 2010 or early 2011.