US seminars

Discussion in 'Kali Ilustrisimo' started by michigankalisilat, Aug 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michigankalisilat

michigankalisilat New Member

Hello

New to the forum

Was wondering if masters Diego or Yuli Romo ever make it over to the U.S. for seminars?

thanks

2. Master Yuli has been turned down 4 times for an American Visa.

My wife was turned down for a visa to visit the UK last year as well (I am British btw). And they take around $100 for the pleasure of applying too. Tells a story, eh?

Master Yuli is dis-heartened by the whole process so he has no plans to in the near future.

Simon.

3. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

That is really to bad as I know there would be a lot of people that would like for him to come and teach here.

4. No doubt. Master Tony too.

It really saddens me that people have never heard of these guys and that they both don't get the exposure they deserve.

5. Raul

Raul Mananandata

AFAIK, mang Tony has no plans to do seminars outside of the Philippines. The long process to get a visa might be one of the reasons that turned him off in the idea.

6. Yep. Backward process more like.

I remember last year we went to the UK office in Manila. The form for the visa was 24 A4 pages long. People were carrying document boxes of supporting information. In the form they asked you list all your relatives in the Philippines (including cousins). They gave just 8 lines on the form to do this. It'd more realistically be all 24 pages...

They didn't allow me to accompany my wife in to the application place so I had to hang around in the corridor. A security guard harassed me (6"2 and almost as white as casper the ghost) "Get in Line!".

"Why?" I said. "I'm English" not liking his insistence and pointing.

"So?!" he said.

"So, I don't need a visitors visa" I explained slowly and he stormed off. I went back to lurking. Another security guard came over and said "Get in line!" and I went through the whole process again... :(

I know it is / has been possible for the armed forces to sponsor visas before but these gentlemen are now in their 60s and I know Gm Yuli is a bit pessimistic with it all.

7. Sicilian

Sicilian New Member

How is that possible? Doesn't it follow that if you're a British citizen married to a foreigner, the foreigner could just go with you to your home country? Isn't that the law?

8. Apparently, not in the Philippines / for Filipinos :(

Now, contrast that to my situation. When I went back I got another visitor's visa and it was 1/2 a side of A4, cost around 2 - 3,000 pesos and took 2 - 3 days. It was really an eye opening experience.

I also had already brought the flight ticket for my wife for 60k return as time was running out. We had to wait 10 months to get it refunded from the travel agents :(

9. gagimilo

gagimilo Member

Yeah, well, that's what you get for applying for visa to visit world's leading progressive democratic countries... My personal experience shows that embassies are the places where administration really gets to show its true face - bureaucracy! And in the purest meaning of the word.

10. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

It is all about the Benjamins..my mother in law tried for 20+ years to get her brother ToToy to America..a lot of money and a lot of time and not a damn thing happened....if ya got boo-koo cash I bet it would happen quick as hell. But nowadays few have a lot of money. Such is life...

11. NigelTufnel

NigelTufnel New Member

When applying for visas, "green card" permanent resident stuff, you have to take note that you are not a taxpaying citizen of that country whose government services you require. It's not the same as a citizen invoking his right to proper government service. As foreigners, applying for those documents is always a gamble. Approval is a privilege, not a right.

12. gagimilo

gagimilo Member

Well, I did mention VISIT, not dwell over there. and second of all, I wouldn't mind not having any need for their services - lift the friggin' visa regime and they'll only see me as a tourist, visiting friends, and actually spending some money in those same countries.

I once applied for the Canadian TOURIST visa, and they asked what's your reasons to come back home??? What the hell..?
    And guess what? My telling that all my family lives here, as well as having job and a group of people training under my guidance, just was not convincing enough for them! Like I would prefer living as an illegal alien there to having a normal life here.

Man, you have obviously never felt the "privilege" of applying for documents of that type...

13. Don't worry gagimilo - our friend from Spinal Tap is just an Ilustrisimo Forum troll ;)

14. NigelTufnel

NigelTufnel New Member

And you're just an advertiser who can't take criticism. Get over it!

You're trolling me. Following me in threads like an attention-whore.

15. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Thread closed.

-Arnisador
    -FMAT Admin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.