Update: Manong Ted Buot

Discussion in 'Balintawak' started by Rich Parsons, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons Member

The information is in the general public now.

Manong Ted Buot of Balintawak, had a stroke on Saturday the 17th. He was rushed in early, and while in the hospital had a second stroke.

Sunday he was removed from the Critical list and is still in intensive care. Yesterday the physical therapist had him up and walking the halls with a walker. There are no signs from the tests yet, all are negative, more tests will be run. There is a possible cause, but I will not speculate in public on that until it is confirmed or denied by his doctors.

I have volunteered to be a single point of contact for the family with the Martial Art Community. As the Family gives me updates, I will be contacting his students, and some of them are my seniors first, for a personal phone call. Being single and able to receive calls at anytime and able to call people and not worry about the time involved, I volunteered. This is only to relieve the family of this additional time, so they can communicate with the Family and close friends of the family.

If any cards or gifts are to be sent, you can send them to me and I will deliver them to the family to give to Manong Ted.

Send to:

Ted Buot
    C/O Rich Parsons
    1248 Arrowwood Lane
    Grand Blanc Mi 48439

I will do my best to keep everyone informed.

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Mr. Buot was very warm and generous to me when Mr. Hartman took me to visit him at his home some years back. My best wishes to him and to his family.

3. Buwaya

Buwaya Senior Member

Thanks for doing this.

My blessings and prayers to Manong Ted Buot and his friends and family during this time.

4. Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons Member

I have had a couple of contacts from people who were not scheduled to see Manong Ted because of the Holidays. I know the family was only calling those immediately effected, hence my idea to volunteer. I have not received the complete contact list as of yet from the family, so if you see this note drop me a PM or e-mail and I will add you onto the list I have for know.

*** Speedy Recovery ***

Best regards

5. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

6. Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons Member

The Doctors are still trying to identify the exact method of treatment.

He has his good and bad days.

I think there will be no real change for a while. It takes some time to heal and recover.

I will pass on your thoughts.

Rich

7. Alakd'an

Alakd'an New Member

We all will have Manong Ted in our prayers. Ben Harrison, Alakd'an Modern Arnis.

8. Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons Member

I was recently informed from anothe student that Manong (GM) Ted Buot has been moved to just Stable, and not Stable and Monitored. This means that in the next week or near future he can be moved from ICU (* Intermediate Care Unit - which allows visitors and such *), to general population within the hospital. This is step forward in his recover, as from there he should be allowed to go home.

Thank you everyone for your best wishes and kind thoughts.
    :asian:

9. Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons Member

I guess I should have waited a little longer before posting. :)

The Doctors have moved him to a new room and out of ICU to general population. Reports are that he is in good spirits, still very tired, and recovering.

10. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

This is good news! Thanks for keeping us informed.

11. Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons Member

Well since I posted here last, sorry for the delay, Manong Ted has been moved back to Intesive Care and then Intermediate and now as of 1/17/06 he is in General.

I have not seen him for a week or so myself as I have had a bad head cold and did not want to and the any risk factor.

I hope to see him this week.

12. eome

eome Junior Member

greetings rich,

my maestro, maestro yuli romo, sends his best wishes and support for maestro teds speedy recovery. God is ever merciful. salamalaykum.

in behalf of the jo go group of balintawak back in the early days, maestro yuli offers his prayers of healing and thanks to our ever merciful God almighty for master ted buot. keep us updated kapatid na rich. hanggang sa muli kapatid..

respectfully yours in the arts,

eome

Last edited: Jan 31, 2006
  13. Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons Member

Thank you, I will make sure that he knows of the well wishes and from you both.

14. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

15. Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons Member

Manong Ted Buot ahs been released from his PT center, and is now at home. For those who know his number, or location please call first to make sure he is available as I do not know his schedule.

Thank you all for your best wishes and your continues well wishes in his continuing recovery.

16. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

This is great news! Thanks for keeping us informed.

17. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

18. Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons Member

I stopped by tonight and saw him again.

We talked about my conversations with people (* Thank you all *).

While we talked we worked on some 10 node canes. He wanted them smooth. i.e. no rough splinters from the nodes. So we, his Daughter, Manong Ted and myself, worked on some sticks. We clipped the nodes then tried to plane them down a little and then a little sand paper. Obviously we were not done when I had to leave. His daughter said that would be her homework tonight. :)

Many times we worked in silence. It was nice.

19. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Is there more recent news concerning Mr. Buot?

Out of curiousity...what length were the 10-node canes?

20. Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons Member

I have more recent news, and will post it here. Sorry for the delay.

A quick note though, the ten node canes were about 28 inches.