Unusual weapons

Discussion in 'Gear Talk!' started by London, Nov 12, 2010.

1. London

London New Member

couldn't find an appropriate thread so I hope you don't mind me starting this one. I was looking for schools in the Sacramento area (I travel there quite a bit for work) and found a link to the 'Garrison Fighting Knife' which I'm not familiar with. very interesting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcG3khK2Odw

2. silat1

silat1 Active Member

Looks like a mall ninja tool from my observation.. Not worth spending the money for.. You can do better with a knife with a traditional design.. Just my opinion

3. London

London New Member

a conventional knife would certainly be a lot easier to carry. can you imagine that thing digging in your hip when driving in your car?

4. silat1

silat1 Active Member

I wouldn't wear it on my hip if I had to utilize it.. I would have it mounted on a shoulder rig or a thigh set up

5. Navadisha

Navadisha New Member

Explain the need to carry it during a traffic stop.......

6. silat1

silat1 Active Member

UMMMMM, Maybe It was mistaken as a salad fork? Or even as a pancake flipper?

7. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Senior Member

How 'bout: "I wanted to wear a personal defense weapon that is more deadly than a Kbar...."

Seriously though, if you're wearing anything at all you'll probably be arrested. Why not carry an innocuous folder (a "tool" for which the drills shown is probably more appropriate)?

Best,

Steve

8. London

London New Member

agreed, I don't think it's very practical. just found it amusing since it's oriented towards FMA types of technique and I'd never seen it before.

9. silat1

silat1 Active Member

I could do the same applications with one of my bowie knives that has the devil's horn guard.. I can also put the blade through the arm to ensure that it didn't slip out, but that would be cheating

10. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Senior Member