Unique Training Blade for sale

Discussion in 'Product News & Announcements' started by eskrimakaliarnis.com, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Hi All.

I was very fortunate to be given a training blade to sell by my Master, GM Yuli Romo. It is a type of pira sword made by hand by GM Yuli. It has a 21" blade and the total length is 30".

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As you can see the aluminium has been given a painstakingly buffed finish. This really helps to make the training sword look like the real thing. It also helps stop finger prints getting on it as opposed to other aluminum weapons that use the mirror finish. The wood for the pommel is "Barayong" and I must admit I don't know much about it apart from it being a very rare wood now in the Philippines.

A similar Pira can be seen in this picture on the right.

[​IMG]

I thought I'd offer it to FMA talk members before sticking it on Ebay, If you are interested please PM me an offer. I will ship it worldwide by Airmail.

I am currently editing the videos of GM with the sword and will add to this thread when I'm finished.

Simon.

2. Sold last week.

3. That one went in the end and I have one last one with the Barayong, which I received today. Master Yuli also dropped off some training blades for one of my customers in Greece. I though I'd share the design with you incase anybody likes it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:)

4. sjansen

sjansen New Member

I like how you put the real blades in your post to stop all the naysayers from posting.

You always have the best stuff Simon and can always back it up.

5. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Simon's training equipment is first rate. No doubt about that!

6. Thanks guys - I'm just fortunate to have a good teacher so can't take all the credit :)

7. I've just stuck 2 of these Barungs on ebay for $124.99 (pair) with shipping included. If anybody contacts me through FMA Talk they're yours for $104.99 ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Total Length = 21"
    Blade Length = 14.5"
    Total Weight = 300g (Approx)

Wood Used - Sampalok (Citrus Wood)

8. sjansen

sjansen New Member

Please let me know when you get some other blades in Simon. I would love to have them. I'm not in the market for a barong, but would love something different (longer). Also, let me know when you get some more heavy sticks in. You have the best sticks I have ever used. I still haven't destroyed your sticks yet and it's been two months. Most have lasted me less than a month.

9. Thanks Scott, will do.

I am taking delivery of 300 Tumalin Rattan on Monday / Tuesday.

It was meant to be last Wednesday, then today....such are the woes of doing business in the Philippines LOL

Actually, we've had some unseasonal storms this week so that hasn't helped.

I will drop you a line when I have them in stock for sure.

Simon.

10. Brian R. VanCise

Hey Simon,

If Grand Master Yuli can make training Talibongs like these I think you will find a market for them. I know I would want a couple. :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  11. Thanks Brian, I'll bear it in mind. He usually doesn't make weapons with guards on so I'm not sure. It's usually a case of being surprised by a new creation when we see him!

These are some that I get made from another supplier:

[​IMG]

I sold all 6 I had made of the two designs the first day I got them back from the Panaday. I am able to re-order though.

12. A new design from GM Yuli:

[​IMG]

13. Labantayo

Labantayo Junior Member

Mr. VanCise,
    May I ask as to where you purchased that Talibong? Is that one of Nene Tortals?
    Thanks,

14. Brian R. VanCise

Hi there,

Yes I am getting all my Talibong's through the Tortal family. [​IMG]

15. Latest creation in Kamagong:

[​IMG]

The "Nilantip", a GM Yuli design that I think has come out particularly well.

[​IMG]

16. More Aluminum Trainers from Master Yuli:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And 14" Tarak Pisaw

[​IMG]

All available for order from your friendly internet retailer :)

17. [​IMG]

Ash Wood Kampilan

18. R. Mike Snow

R. Mike Snow Chiseled Edge

No Bro, it's not from GT Nene, it is a great replica from Luzon though. I will ask John to post a photo of the Negros blade that GT and I donated to the PIG. GT has to walk to the other side of the mountain near his home to get the Tortal blades made and then ship them to Manila. That's why their so hard to get. Unfortunately, know one else in the family knows exactly what a Talibong and Ginunting should really look and feel like.
    i have shown GT the unsatisfactory stuff that is floating around, so he is promised to supply John, Pendakar and I with some authentic blades from Negros and even the old style from Panay if the his old friend there is still with us. GT's not even home yet and I am drooling over them already. I have already purchased another tree, so we should be good to go as soon as GT returns. I promise that you will NOT be disappointed Bro... We will have "O", "T" & "M" styles of each blade too. If you want left-handed please let me know.

Thanks, Mike

19. Brian R. VanCise

Well Mike,

It is directly from Grand Tuhon Tortal's son Jerson Tortal Jr. and the panday that he personally uses. So I think it qualifies as a real Filipino blade and not a replica. [​IMG] That I would think makes it authentic! After all he is a Dekiti Tirsia Siradas Grand Master and the son of the Grand Tuhon! So the Tortal name is in fact part and parcel with the training blade and live blade that I acquired. Eh! However, the Grand Tuhon and I will talk about this when he visits my house and training hall this September!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
  20. Brian R. VanCise

Sorry Simon for being off topic as this thread is about your unique training blades from GM Yuli!