Understanding of LSA

Discussion in 'Lightning Scientific Arnis' started by Zoongidee, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Zoongidee

Zoongidee New Member

I saw that Guro Jon of LSAI at Sports TV thread to understand this system and what I understand from this it's like a faster version of Arnis while keeping the original system of Arnis alive. Is that it or is their something else that I've missed?

Also, does anyone have a video on how to do the 12 stricks in a twirling motion in slow motion?

2. Batongbuhay

Batongbuhay New Member

- arnis generally refers to filipino stick-fighting, the funny thing is... so does eskrima and kali with different stresses...

- nowadays here we say eskrima-kali-arnis or any combination of the three to stress that we mean the same thing... filipino stickfighting

- what 12 strikes?

3. Zoongidee

Zoongidee New Member

12 angle strikes...unless if there is more that I don't know about. Btw, with the twirling motion, I was talking about Arko, to clear that up..

4. Batongbuhay

Batongbuhay New Member

- Arko?

5. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Arko (thanks to Mr. Lamade).

6. Shaun

Shaun New Member

Lightning Scientific Arnis techniques

Hi.In Lightning there are the 13 manner of striking and doce metodos(12 methods).
    The twirling is used to compliment the different striking angles,to move to another stick position or at it's most basic form as a warm up/ loosening and strengthening exercise.
    Hope this clarifies things.

7. Batongbuhay

Batongbuhay New Member

- i see! what you are refering to is something we call a "doblada" or doblete" ... its a very flexible technique

- in LESKAS, Master Elmer Ybanez grouped these into what is called "strike combinations 1 to 16 where nos 1 - 7 deal with solo baston done in vertical, horizontal orientations and combinations thereof