unable to access

Discussion in 'Board Support Issues' started by gagimilo, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard Darth Vindicatus Supporting Member

The facts of the matter:
    Threats were issued, insults were hurled, lies were said, character was defamed, over a long stretch of time. Attempts to cool things failed, and drastic measures were taken. Additional threats and insults continue to come in from a section of the Pekiti crowd. Also, a great deal of 'thank yous' and understanding and support from all areas of the FMA.

My understanding is that the intent is to return the section. I believe Tim stated that here and elsewhere. Insulting him isn't going to help your case.

Shutting a section down when it gets too heated is something that is done, abet rarely, when it gets out of control.

As to "fairness" and why the Dekiti people weren't "equally" dealt with, the Dekiti group for the most part took the barrage of insults, threats and defamation in silence. They were dealt with fairly, IMO as they did little to contribute to the problem on this site.

It's also not "taking sides" to host someone at a camp. There have been a number of individuals in the FMA who have been invited in the last, and I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the door had also been open to Mr. Gaje as well. Tim likes to share the wealth of knowledge and skill in the FMA world with his organization, and help people out. For that, he's often crapped on in some cases by the very people he tried to help. That's the part that bugs me. The ingratitude.

This is a free forum. None of the staff are Pekiti, yet a section was provided free of charge to allow all PT to discuss their art. The same consideration was offered to the art of Balintawak, Doce Pares, JKD-Kali, Kali Ilustrisimo, Kombatan, Lameco, Lightning Scientific Arnis, Modern Arnis, Pedoy's Derobio Escrima, Sikaran, Serrada, and both Dekiti and Pikiti.

Many FMA styles outside what the staff here does. The only section that's been a problem has been the Pekiti one. All offered free of charge, though there is an optional supporting membership to help share the costs.

The other thing is, a forum is what the members make of it. If you discuss the art and the history and the techniques in great depth, you build a great place. If you play politics and insult and toss around piles of crap, you build a great compost heap. That's great if you farm, but not if you study.

Every member here, myself included, is a guest, and guests have responsibilities. One of those is simple "Don't insult your host".
    There is also "Don't piss in the pool/punchbowl".

I personally, would like to see the Pekiti section back. But I don't get a vote, this isn't a democracy. In the end, it's Tims call, and people insulting him isn't going to do anything but keep it gone. Why would anyone create a home for vocal ingrates? They, who we know are the minority, only ruin it for the rest.So, be angry, but I'd suggest shutting up and not hurting your own cause. Friendly advice. I suggest it's taken. Then, the section and it's great information will probably be back.

2. PeteNerd

PeteNerd Member

I think you bring up an excellent point. Some of the more vocal and threatening points have sort of white washed over the fact that some interesting discussions and criticisms were made.

The one point that I am interested to discuss is if anyone actually believes that an unarmed person can disarm someone with a ginunting?

Thanks,

Pete

3. Brock

Brock Asha'man

My take on it is that the reason the Dekiti section is still up is because there was only one or two threads relative to this debate that were inflamitory, those threads have been removed, and I belive the people involved banned or suspended. The Pekiti section however had several of these types of threads, and as the moderators have said their intention is to bring the section back, but with the inflamitory threads/post removed and that is going to take quite a bit of time. The unfortunate part of the whole thing is, as has been brought up, the actions of a few have resulted in a pain in the rear (and a loss of what I found to be an interesting section of this site however temporary that loss) for many.

Sooo anywho, I'm all about debating the disarm thing Pete. Why don't you slide that question on over to the General section and I'll give you my take on that when I get home from work tonight.... 12 hour shift today....

4. Twist

Twist Junior Member

Honestly? Why... it wasnt worth checking the section for a long time now. No more threads on technical questions or the pekiti tirsia organisation - all you got was a new, revised version of FMA-history.

- And it really saddens me to say so 'cause I still think its a great system, however some of its ppl. behave.

Anyway, there are several websites online where you can find great informations on PTK without the political crap... so I dont know if its worth supporting the latter by giving it a home here on FMAT. (But thats only me...)

5. Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard Darth Vindicatus Supporting Member

Because, as I said, it could be a solid resource to the community, if the community chooses to make it such.

6. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Admin. Note.

I split several posts off into this thread on unarmed defense against a blade.

-Arnisador
    -FMAT Admin

7. Ron Kosakowski

Ron Kosakowski New Member

By the way, where did you guys see sword disarming?

8. This is probably off the topic of the two systems mentioned above, but the late GREAT LEGENDARY Tatang ilustrisimo can be seen doing bladed disarms assisted by GM Sioc Delarga (sp?) here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVnx0NHnekQ

But then again, its just a demonstration... However if I could choose anyone to do live blade disarms, I'd put all my money on Tatang!

C.

(Admin: if you think this belongs in the other thread mentioned earlier please by all means change it..) thanks!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  9. Raul

Raul Mananandata

Thats Mr. Sioc Glariaga of Kalaki Arnis. I spell his name the way I usually see it spelled from other forums.

10. Thank you for correcting me. My apologies!

11. Ron Kosakowski

Ron Kosakowski New Member

I can see that as being situational...if it fell into your lap it can be possible. In a scamble for a bladed weapon at full speed I can see some mighty unorthodox informally taught techniques will pop out of no where. If not, your blood will pop out of everywhere! ;)

12. Raul

Raul Mananandata

deja vu or gone for good?