unable to access

Discussion in 'Board Support Issues' started by gagimilo, Apr 12, 2008.

1. gagimilo

gagimilo Member

Hey, I cannot access the Pekiti Tirsia section of the forum!? I mean, all the other ones work just fine, but not this one... what is the problem?

2. GLENNLOBO

GLENNLOBO New Member

where did it all go??

yeah i cant get on there either.. i guess the administrator got fed up.. cant blame him

3. Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman FMA Talk Founder Supporting Member

There is nothing wrong with the forum – I closed it down. This feud between Gaje and Tortal has gone on long enough here on FMAT. I don’t care who started what, I don’t care who the rightful heir is, I don’t even care who is a better martial artist. These juvenile activities are ending now. Since Mr. Gaje’s appearance here on FMAT, there have been more and more problems. Until further notice, I am closing the PTK section. I wanted to have as many arts as possible represented here. Unfortunately when people abuse the privilege, they lose it.
    Just so everyone knows, I alone made this decision. The rest of my staff had nothing to do with it. So if somebody wants to blame anyone, I am the person. If people would like to make “productive” posts on the subject of PTK, please feel free to use the general section on the forum, until I feel it is time to open the forum back up. I have already suspended and banned people on both sides of the argument. I hope I will not be forced to add more people to that list. I know this decision may not be popular, but I am doing what I feel is best for FMATalk. If people choose to leave our site, I am sure there are sites out there that would be willing to put up with this kind of behavior.

4. GLENNLOBO

GLENNLOBO New Member

support

not that you need it, but you have my support. its a shame that the action had to be taken.
    regards
    Glenn

5. Imua Kuntao

Imua Kuntao New Member

Sir, You have my support as well.

6. Beungood

Beungood New Member

It would seem that if both sides were bannded that both sections should equally be sanctioned. It doesn't seem fair to single one group out and let one stay. I agree with everyone being respectful.

7. selfcritical

selfcritical New Member

Is it possible to have it viewable only in archived status? There was a lot of decent technical information on the PTK forums

8. Datu Tim Hartman

The section may be restored based on further actions. We are in the process of pruning some of the entries. I'm hoping that this will be taken care of shortly!

9. tellner

tellner New Member

Good call, Tim. Painful, embarrassing and a shame, but it was the right thing to do.

10. franci1911

franci1911 Member

Tim your discipline in poor at best. You have exhibited unmanly behavior. Good Call, that's a laugh. If Nene claims Dekiti Tirsia to be the family system formalized in the mid 1800's, how old is he any way? Why is his picture up there as well. You are a hipicrite and a bully.

We of Pekiti Tirsia don't care that you have removed our site. We are putting up one of our own where people can feel free to verbal spar at will. All you have to do is be able to back up what you say with fact.

So put up or shut up. I am sure to be banned I don't care. This forum is useless and a big waste of time. Anyone who has a mind of there own can't express it here.

You profess as a Datu, here in the Philippines , a Datu is brave, he leads, he is honorable, he is dignified and with prestige. As a Datu you should stand what is right and prove that what is false must be corrected.

On this issue you removed Pekiti-tirsia because we are right. You recognize Dekiti as if you know the history of this Nene Tortal. We have the facts to show that he never learn from his father neither he is qualified to say his Dekiti is Tortals system. You are responsible for this Gaje -tortal war because you promoted what is a lie and false , then we will include you. We don't make threats we do things right.

We see to it that what is wrong must be right and what is right will stand . You know you are around in some places in the US , we will be happy to meet you someday and we will have a good calisthenics.

11. greg808

greg808 PSDE Main Branch

Datu Hartman,

I realize this website is to promote the arts, rather to separate and promote differences. Don't worry what others say from the time I first met you I felt that you were a genuine person.

12. Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard Darth Vindicatus Supporting Member

I want to see if I understand this logic.

FMATalk is responsible for this war? Because after months of asking that hate filled rants not be posted, and that people not continually sling mud, finally getting fed up and shutting down the one single area of the site that was full of such disrespectful crap and removing it from view it's FMAT's fault?
    Because you were asked not to post electronic feces it's classified as "This forum is useless and a big waste of time. Anyone who has a mind of there own can't express it here."

Right. If I wanted to be on a site where you could say -anything-, threaten, lie, defame and flat out scream like a moron, I'd hang out on rec.martial-arts or Bullshido. Not here.

Tim removed the PT section because HE was right, and you were acting a rude and disrespectful son of a bitch. A few people were, alot of leeway was given (more than I would have) and a few got vacations for going too far. This isn't an 'anarchy' based site. It has rules that need to be followed.

Regarding the whole "Pekita vs Dikita" thing, I really don't care. Really. I know a number of people on both sides who are embarrassed by all this ********. I don't care who is right/wrong/whatever, just that the noise drowns out the good information that's out there.

Now, regarding your last line, I read that as a threat. So, if you or any of your fanatics decide to aim it at me, let me clearly state that I know a great many law enforcement officers, have several in the family, and have -3- good lawyers at my immediate call. I don't want to "work out" with you, nor do I personally wish to do business with you, etc. So, don't bother me. Thanks.

13. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Senior Member

Pekiti Tirsia Kali

I think Tim has done the right thing with respect to the PTK forum, (and lest anyone believes that this means I am taking sides, please feel free to PM me. On the subject of PM's, please see below).

I would be happy to see the PTK forum back on FMATAlk - presumably when heads have cooled and people are willing to talk nicely to each other. When that happens is anyone's guess...

With respect to the conflicts between GT Leo Gaje and Greg Alland's organization, and...

GT Leo Gaje and Tuhon William McGrath
    GT Leo Gaje and Nene Tortal
    GT Leo Gaje and Chris Sayoc
    GT Leo Gaje and Edgar Sulite
    GT Leo Gaje and the Atienza brothers...

Either you understand the history behind these conflicts or you don't - but even if you do (or think you do): the art of diplomacy lies in what is not said in a public forum.

Sadly, many people posting on the PTK forum have no interest in diplomacy. I stopped reading most of the posts on the PTK forum months ago because, after reading and participating in a short exchange between some members, I realized that nothing is ever "proven" on an internet forum. The most active members appear to have already chosen sides for the sake of forcing people to choose sides, and no amount of rational argument is going to dissuade them from pressing their agendas. As for the rest of the forum: these are members who simply don't care or don't understand the issues about which others are arguing.

Perhaps the gold standard for discussion on a martial arts forum is that it should permit no political discussion whatsoever and be limited solely to discussions of concepts, fundamentals, and techniques. Political arguement could be limited to PM's, in which case the parties involved will soon realize that in order to get a response they ought to stop talking at people and start talking to them.

Perhaps the PTK forum could be "rebooted" in this fashion and we could see an increase in articles, pictures, and media that actually describes the martial art of PTK.

Or not. In that case forum readers interested in discussing PTK could migrate over to alt.discussion.martial_arts.

In either case, there are hundreds, if not thousands, of PTK practitioners around the world who are happily practicing their art without the benefit of getting to read the PTK forum. These practitioners could easily post examples of their practice to YouTube for the rest of us to enjoy (with the "comments" section disabled, of course).

Best,

Steve

14. kaliace

kaliace New Member

Wwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :)

15. mikesf

mikesf New Member

You forgot the part about telling your mom..

Mike, (fanatic!)

16. mikesf

mikesf New Member

You should watch your language Bob.

Actually you should apologize.

Mike S

17. Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard Darth Vindicatus Supporting Member

No, but reminding some that the law will be involved seems prudent, especially considering that some here will reach for blade or gun rather than use mind and common sense to resolve issues.

No. If those words are too harsh, then maybe there's a need to grow some thicker skin. If you have an issue with my words, push the little red triangle thing, lodge a complaint with the staff and they'll deal with me accordingly.

I'm done commenting on this crap.

18. Ron Kosakowski

Ron Kosakowski New Member

As a business man myself within the martial art world, I find controvercy to be interesting and so does a lot of other people. The folks out there will get the word and flock to FMAT to see what it is all about. That will gain more you members. And it will get the forum talked about in the FMA world. The history of PTK and what really happened in the Tortel/Gaje family is important information and should be in a public forum. There is only so much to speak about on any martial art. This just adds to it. I understand that you do not want threats and keyboard warriors but debates really stir up excitement and should be kept here till there is a conclusion.

In every arguement, there is someone who is correct. This thread was closed down before there was any conclusion. I have not been on here prior to yesterday for a week or so...what is it that was said that got everyone heated up enough to close it down?

19. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Let me say that in the future I hope the Pekiti Tirsia forum is restored and that heads cool off and more info on Pekiti Tirsia is brought to FMATalk!

20. Datu Tim Hartman

When people threaten each other with a .45, we have gone over the line!