UK San Miguel Eskrima

Discussion in 'FMA in the News' started by stickmaster2000, May 6, 2007.

1. Master Instructor Anton St'James of the UK Cacoy Doce Pares Eskrima Association will be teaching the original San Miguel Eskrima System as part of the curriculum for the UK San Miguel Eskrima Association. Master St'James is Chief Instructor and Founder of the UK Cacoy Doce Pares Eskrima Association and has been training in Cebu City, Philippines for the past 11 years.

The curriculum will include:

Basic and fundamental training drills
    Basic & Intermediate Level Forms (original & complete)
    San Miguel form (original & complete)
    Espada y Dagga (two man applications)
    Dagga y Dagga (knife work)
    Free Sparring

A new web site will soon be launched: www.sanmigueleskrima.co.uk

UK seminars and courses will soon be available.

2. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Brit with a stick

Please let me know when the training in SME starts and I am also interested to know, who has authorised Master Instructor Anton St. James in SME?

Best regards

Pat

3. Master St'James has been authorised to teach Original San Miguel and Spada y Dagga by GM J. Mendoza an original and long term student of GM 'Momoy' and his personal training partner for many years.

GM J. Mendoza can be seen on many of the historical photographs taken with GM 'Momoy' he also partnered GM 'Momoy' in many demonstration of both San Miguel Eskrima and Spada y Dagga (including the 50th DP Anniversary filmed for the BBC TV documentary series 'Way of the Warrior' and is the only San Miguel practitioner GM 'Cacoy' Canete allows to teach at and use the CDP WF Headquarters gym.

Notification regarding seminars etc will be posted in due course.

4. Pat OMalley

Excellent, The reason I was asking is that I am moving down to Devon (Trobay Area) in August which is not far I beleive from your main club in Plymouth. And as I train with GM Kano Canete (the son of the late GM Momoy) I would be interested is attending some of the workshops myself, not only to train but also to compare notes as you know different people can sometimes have a different way of teaching the same thing and it is always good to get another point of veiw based on their expeariances.

Best regards

Pat

5. Hi Pat

No, problem although there is a good chance that I will be back in the Philippines by August. I am in the UK from June 22nd for about 4 weeks, then back in Cebu in preparation for the CDP WF World Championships scheduled for September 6th - 10th in Jakarta.

However, if you are in the area please call into the Academy and have a chat with my business partners: Ian Hardy, Tom Barlow or Simon Hengle.

If you are visiting in the day time you will need to call them first to check they are there, the number is 01752 262233 but there is usually someone around by mid afternoon (except weekends when the Academy is closed).

Maybe we can meet up whilst I am in the UK June/July if not it will have to be later in the year/November time.

All the best.

Anton St'James

Last edited: Jun 1, 2007
  6. Pat OMalley

Cheers mate,
    I may be down be fore August to look at houses in the area, but if not I will give your guys a call when I get down and at the worst I will see you in November just before my return trip to Cebu for the 75th Anniversary.

Speak soon

Best regards

Pat

7. San Miguel Eskrima UK/Europe will be launching an interview with San Miguel Eskrima Grandmaster J. Mendoza on You Tube on 18th June 2007.

GM. Mendoza is an original student and training partner of the late Grandmaster Filemon 'Momoy' Canete and is The World Head and founder of San Miguel Eskrima & Spada y Daga System.

The Interview will be conducted by Punong Guro Master Anton St'James. UK/European Chief Instructor authorized by GM Mendoza.

To view a trailer for this please visit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY3bNf_qiWE

8. Pat OMalley

Look forward to seeing it.

And please enjoy this interveiw with GM Kano Canete http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZTGsO7i2kQ

And his first DVD will be released very soon, I will keep you posted.

Best regards

Pat

Last edited: Jun 6, 2007
  9. Thanks Pat

I will look forward to getting a copy and viewing it.

Regards
    Anton