Tyre Stack

Discussion in 'Gear Talk!' started by Killa, May 23, 2009.

1. Killa

Killa New Member

Hey , just got 8 big wide (used) car tyres and now want to make a stack. I was thinking of burying one in the ground and filling it with cement as a base with a long bit of wood to stack the tyres onto . But how would you connect the tyres together securly .
    There are some models I have seen wich are fastened real tight with rounded studs . I doubt household screws would hold them toghther tight enough . Maybe there are some bolts I could get with rounded ends but they may become loose though

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Do you want all 360 degrees? I've seen these with half- or quarter-tires against a wall or in a corner.

3. Effilcdar

Effilcdar New Member

If you want the stack more flexible I would burry the bottom one half way with cement. Then get some 2'' bolts with washers and nuts and put four of them between each layer through the sidewalls. The farther in you put them the more flexible it will be and the closer to the tread the stiffer it will be. Pre-drill the holes with a household power drill. Weighting the tires could give more resistance to impacts or you could use a couple fence posts to the diameter of the tires and just stack them over that.