Typhoon Ginunting

Discussion in 'Gear Talk!' started by coyote, Mar 5, 2011.

1. coyote

coyote New Member

Does anyone have an idea as to what is going on with typhoon blades in 2011? I sent an email to order one back in January and havn't had a reply or anything yet. Thanks for any info.

2. LRC

LRC New Member

Filipino time...

It was the same when I ordered mine in 2009. Try e-mailing them again but have patience waiting for the reply.. I got an confirmation for the order was accepted after 5 or 6 weeks if I remember corectly and then it took some 5 months before it was delivered. It was well worth the wait though. Great sword!

3. coyote

coyote New Member

Great thankyou! I know the wait will be worth it.

4. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Yes it takes some time.

Buddy sent me an email awhile ago that they would be returning in a bigger way and quicker turnaround. I expect them to have things running smoother in the future. However, I think we all need to understand that these are custom blades. Since they are everything takes time. They are trul unique and fantastic blades so if you have one they are worth their weight in gold in my opinion!!! ;)

5. coyote

coyote New Member

Still nothing but would appear

It would appear that the Typhoon website is gone. I wonder if they are done offering them to the public or having a dificult time with the website. As it woudl appear they have had troubles before.

6. alongo

alongo New Member

If you are interested in one, I have a 21" from Typhoon. It is in perfect condition. I would consider selling it. Contact me.

7. alongo

alongo New Member

FYI: My Ginunting has found a new home.

8. coyote

coyote New Member

Belive me I'm enjoying it! Thank You again!

9. LegendLoLo

LegendLoLo New Member

=D I would like to see one of those. Anyone care to share a picture?

10. Brian R. VanCise

Here is a picture of their Ginunting's!

ginuntin 2.jpg

11. LegendLoLo

LegendLoLo New Member

Looks good. Black blade. More like the kulanting here in PI.

I'll try to upload my blade later on and share it here. =D Its not that good looking like yours but it already has an experience ^_^

12. EliasPFS

EliasPFS New Member

Bumping for interest... and I'd like to purchase one of these fine instruments. How may I do so?

13. blindside

blindside student

The company is apparently defunct, website is down and they don't answer emails. The blademaker is currently marketing through Facebook, but they don't follow the appearance of the blackened blade and kydex sheath, it is more traditional in appearance though it appears that a parkerized blade is an option. Look up "Pekiti Tirsia Kali Organizer"

14. EliasPFS

EliasPFS New Member

Thanks man! Would you suggest buying from him? Do you have any experience with him?

15. blindside

blindside student

I haven't purchased anything from him, but I know several PTKers who have and they have nothing but good things to say.

16. coyote

coyote New Member

It is the same maker just a differant person handling the buisness end. Or at least that is how I understand it.

17. Brian R. VanCise

The blades are fantastic. They just have supply issues, communication and long waits. However, the work they do is simply great!