typhoon gear

Discussion in 'Gear Talk!' started by josh, Sep 8, 2009.

1. josh

josh New Member

Hello,
    Does anyone happen to know if typhoon gear is still operational? I have had no response after sending my deposit (two weeks now). Furthermore, I see that their website is "not available" any longer. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time,
    Josh

2. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Hey Josh

It would appear that their other website has been suspended so they may be having some issues with their website hosting service: http://patrickii.myhostingservice.net/suspended.page/

I believe this is one of their members blog:
    http://sticks-and-knives.blogspot.com/

You can also inquire here as they are directly affiliated with Grand Tuhon Gaje and you could post on their forum:
    http://www.pt-go.com/

Keep me updated on if you here anything and I will try to help by contacting a few other people!

I do know in the past it took a couple of weeks one time for them to contact me as they were out in the field.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  3. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

When I have e-mailed them in the past it took a week or two for a response as well. When they start building Espada y Daga sets, I will be buying one from them.

4. Brian R. VanCise

I took the liberty of emailing Buddy and the response
    was quick here it is.

Hi Brian,

Yeah, everything is ok but our website's host is relocating to Cebu and so I'm having problems contacting them to renew our hosting agreement. I also experienced a serious PC crash and lost a lot of my files and emails. I'm using an old laptop and I
    m having problems signing into some sites, like yahoo and FMA Talk. I'm cleaning up the mess and I'll be able to send emails to all our customers by this weekend. I'm set to deliver all of our pending orders by the end of this month.

Thanks for the heads up on that thread. I haven' t read it yet and I'll try to log onto FMA Talks tonight or tomorrow AM.

Thanks!

Buddy

So everything is good. Buddy and typhoon gear have always done right by me and their product is simply fantastic!

5. jezah81

jezah81 Member

Can I please have Buddy's email address, as i have an inquiry I would like to send him via email? Thanks.

Kind regards,

Jeremy Hagop

6. DocSerrada

DocSerrada New Member

Has anyone heard from Buddy since early September?

7. DocSerrada

DocSerrada New Member

I still haven't heard from Buddy since Mid-December but the Ginunting arrived today and is beautiful! I wish the floods hadn't interfered with communications so I could better evaluate the service I received fairly. 6 months doesn't seem like a terrible wait for a ginunting that seems to be of such high quality but the worry over no communications made it an unpleasant wait. I'm looking forward to practicing a little bit (carefully) this weekend with it!

8. Brian R. VanCise

Yes their blades are incredible but they do need to work on the communication aspect based on all accounts from their customers. My interaction early on as I was their first international customer was very, very good even though their was a wait for the blade. That was okay as I knew I was getting a custom blade!

9. DocSerrada

DocSerrada New Member

Brian,
    Which Tek-Lok did you use on your scabbard? The Large?
    Are you still happy with that arrangement?

Thanks

10. Brian R. VanCise

Yes I am pretty happy with it. My biggest issue with the Tek-Lok is that they have two pieces and that locking piece some times falls off or can get misplaced. Other than that if you take extra special care to keep an eye on it then you are good. Me I just use some black gorilla tape on the back side of the Tek-Lok to insure that it does not pop off or get lost.

11. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Hmmmm...this sounds like a big negative for a device like this!

12. Brian R. VanCise

Well it is not the best thing but...... I still like it! ;)

13. DocSerrada

DocSerrada New Member

Brian,
    I ordered a large Tek-Lok which arrived today but it is still too small to attach it to 2 of the holes on the scabbard of the ginunting. I looked at the picture on your website again and it looks like yours may only be attached by one hole as well. Did I order (or receive) the wrong size or is this the way your setup is.

So far I really like the ginunting. I don't have the training or experience yet to give any kind of intelligent review but it certainly complements what I know better than the wakizashi that I picked up a few years ago. I do find some movements a little difficult, either because my wrist isn't limber enough or because of the indentations of the grip.

Thanks for your help and advice.

14. Brian R. VanCise

Hey docserrada,

You are correct in the way I utilize the tek-kok with just one hole. It works great that way and is
    angled appropriately! Keep working that wrist with maybe a kamagong stick/ginunting. If you
    are having issues with the handle I utilized a very lite sand paper to make it work best for my
    grip. Still I would only advise that as a last resort because you could of course damage the
    handle. Good luck and keep training! :coolorang

15. EliasPFS

EliasPFS New Member

sorry for the necro, but is typhoon gear still up? google search didn't bring up any matches except this thread, and I REALLY want one of the ginuntings.....